Does Anyone Have Any Service Project Ideas?

This is for a major service project I have to do

For the majority of the project I am fixing used cribs for a Life Care Center

However, I am looking for supplements to make this a larger project

I had the idea of making blankets to go with the cribs

What else could I make or do to supplement the cribs and make this a better project?

Any ideas would be great to benefit the community.

Thanks

• Favorite Answer

Right now, your project is just charity. It doesn't transform lives. It helps, but it doesn't transform. It's giving a man to fish instead of teaching a man to fish. It's filling a gap, but not doing anything to close that gap permanently. It's nice, it's good -- but it could be better.

What could you do to help this organization transform the lives of those it serves?

Also see

http://www.coyotecommunications.com/stuff/goldawar...

Ideas for the Girl Scouts Gold and Silver Awards

These ideas are ALSO good for anyone (not just a Girl Scout) seeking ways to create or lead a sustainable, lasting benefit to a community, to have a leadership role as a volunteer. I think that, as you read through this list, you will get an idea of things you could do at the Life Care Center that would have REAL impact.

• ?

Do a fund raiser to supply new mattress, bumpers and blankets

Contact a local Quilt Guild and ask them to make quilts. Ours supplies Catholic Charities for their unwed mother program and women's shelter