06 Rm-z 250 wont rev up all the way?

I have an 06 rmz250 and its not reving up all the way. I just recently put a complete motor on it that came off of a great running bike. I also had the carburetor adjusted. At one time i some how fried all my electrical parts. I done replaced all of them except the throttle sensor. If the throttle sensor was bad would it cause the bike to not rev up all the way? the bike starts up very easily and idles fine but it just wont rev up all the way. The carburetor is opening up all the way also. would it be the throttle sensor or what else could it be?

Favorite Answer

Your throttle sensor, among other things, tells your computer how to time its spark. The faster you want your motor to go, the earlier you need your spark plug to fire. If it's malfunctioning, or isn't installed properly, and you run up your RPMs, your spark won't fire soon enough, and you'll miss your combustion stroke.

If your TPS is good, then your carb adjustment might have been out of whack. If you can't deliver enough fuel, your motor won't go at high speeds..

Good luck.

Bingo!