Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Why is Croatia shaped so weird?

I mean, just look at it... who creates a country that looks like this...

http://marvaoguide.com/images/stories/maps/croatia...

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Croatian did wont bigger country, and even today some of them claim parts of Slovenia, Serbian, Bosnia and Hungary.

I'm glad cause You saw this unnatural shape, cause even these territories that are treated as Croatia were part of Serbia before WWII, and when Reichstags government took over Croatia, they got that parts to Croatia.

After WWII Serbia, Croatia and four other countries created Yugoslavia, but that country stopped existing in 1991. but parts of old Serbia stayed behind river Drina. Similar things happened to parts of Bosnia and that's why there country doesn't have even inch of cost line...

History, what a wonderful thing...

• most of where the Dinaric Alps are should belong to Croatia. The following cities have a majority Croatian population: Mostar, Grude, Livno, Tomislavgrad. Many cities in Bosnia are supposed to be in Croatia. I'm not a nationalist every Croat knows this.

All of previously Herceg Bosna should belong to Croatia.

• 1 decade ago

Turkish invasion centuries ago.. current Croatia - Bosnia border was border of AU Empire and Turkish/Ottoman Empire.

Source(s): i'm croatian
  • 7 years ago

Ask Serbia and The Turkes.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • TJTB
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I like Chile's shape. It's all one long coastline beachfront.

Chile is the orange area:

http://www.infoplease.com/images/mchile.gif

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Because Croatia and the Croatian nobility in the Middle Ages in the historical period of the invasion of the Turks never capitulated entirely, and the Christian world would not allow you to surrender the last possession in the vicinity of the property under the protection of the Vatican. Thus, unlike the prior-state Croatian, Croatia didnt became completely under the Ottoman empire, and thus in a period called The reinforcement of Christianity and "remnants". Thus Bosnia and Serbien Voivodina as the name of the Croatian estates under the Turks gained importance in a given period.

• 1 decade ago

it's a remnant of the border between Austria Hungary and the Ottoman Empire.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I dont know but it is an awesome place. The people are super cool and it's really nice!

• 1 decade ago

Common sense is telling me that they took the best parts(the coast) for themselves, which sounds very greedy and my first impression is that the nation is still greedy nowadays.

The country really resembles what kind of nation hides in it.

It's actually pretty funny to see a country shaped like this! It's awkward. They should give some of their coast to the others.

• 1 decade ago

It is shaped like a C so no one forgets.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.