? asked in SportsBaseball · 9 years ago

Are the phillies trading Happ?

Happ is having his 2nd start of the season. He's one of my favorite players. And with all the talk about Roy Oswalt and needing a great pitcher is happ only pitching to show he's good so the other teams want him? happ could really help this team without the phillies having to trade him for some big money guy that will result in the Phillies losing some of their starsbecause they spent all their money on some pitcher? He won 12 games last year for the Phillies and was by far the best starter last year. Hamels had a horrible year from the stress of being in the bigs and all that stuff. People thought that Moyer was done for his career the way he was pitching. Big Joe Blanton was very inconsistent. I can't even remember the other starter before Lee. Chan Ho Park was a starter and we all know how well that went. You would think Philly would have learned not to trade their great pitchers by now. Happ could really improve the Phillies. I'm not saying he will. But with Moyer out for the season and maybe his career the phillies do need a 4th and 5th starter. Do you think the Phillies will trade J.A.Happ?

Best Answer

Hard to say. I think Werth will go because from what I hear he and Chase Utley hate each other.

it all depends on what other team has to offer for happ