- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
There were a team of inventors involved - Richard M. O'Grady , Zbigniew Pobocha, Thomas Rapa, Felix Holken, and Jose A. Giron, Jr all working for the Ohaus Corporation in NJ. The patent was issues in 2007. GOOD LUCK!
Older sources for the design include Dreyfuss in 1944, Strathman in 1982, and Cumbach in 2006.