Meli asked in SportsTennis · 1 decade ago

why do i have weird heat shivers?

when ever i play tennis, i get very hot (becuase its over 100) and once i get really hot, i get cold? im still hot but i have goose bumps and shivers. and my chest feels cold (not at touch, though) is it heat stroke or what?

Favorite Answer

Yea I would just recommend drinking ALOT of water. Like I would say around 32 oz an hour that you are on the court.

Plus be sure to drink alot on and off the court as well. If it is not the amount of water consumed thats the problem- then I would have it looked into by a doctor.

sounds like heat stroke or dehrydration.

Talk to your family doctor about it and see what they have to say.

My advice would be try not to play that much in hot weather. But if you do, make sure you drink plenty of water before, during, and after to stay hyrdated. I drink water before/after warmup and during every changeover. Also you can bring an iced towel to help cool you down. Many pros do it and it seems refreshing

hope you get well soon!