Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 1 decade ago

Belly Button Piercing Questions?

Hi, I'm getting my bellybutton pierced when i turn 13...i have a couple questions: (and please dont say your a whore whos going to attract the wrong people and get pregnant or, that im too young..i dont care, because a belly button piercing isnt gonna make me get pregnant?

ok so my questions:

1.how much does it hurt?

2.how much do they usually cost?

3.i heard that if you get it when your young, then your skin streches out and it gets all messed up, is that true?!?!??!?!?!!

4.how hard is it to keep it from getting infected

5.where would be the best place to get it done in the limerick/pottstown, PA area?

Please answerr,

thankss.

Favorite Answer

1.how much does it hurt?

Pain is different for everyone. The first time I had mine pierced it didn't hurt all that much, the second time however it hurt like hell and the third time I didn't feel a thing.

2.how much do they usually cost?

It is best to call around a few different shops as they will all charge different amounts.

This can happen you are 13 your body is still growing. I understand why you want a Navel piercing but it is a surface piercing and I highly recommend you waiting until you are 18 and your body has stopped growing before you get one. There is a much higher chance of it migrating and eventually rejecting if you get it done now purely because your body has not finished growing yet.

Providing you keep it clean and look after it correctly you should not have a problem.

This I can not answer sorry.

If however you do go ahead and get it done make sure you go to a reputable piercing parlour, ensure they use a needle that they open in front of you. Make sure they are wearing clean gloves and that the jewelry is either Titanium or Niobium. You will feel a slight pinch when they clamp your skin and as they insert the needle take a deep breath and release it, this will calm you down. Eat something before you go so you don't pass out. Something sugary will help. Then you should clean the piercing 2/3 times a day by doing sea salt soaks. You should NOT twist or play with it at all, make sure you wash your hands before and after cleaning the piercing. You do not need to use any special solution on it just plain sea salt soaks, this is the only thing you need to use on it. The piercing may look all nice and healed for the first two weeks bar the bruise you may experience from the clamps but generally at the 2 week mark it will start to lymph, this is a whitish colour, it may also start to crust. just soak these off. Do NOT pick at it or play with it. You want to make sure it has as little interference as possible so your body heals around it and does not try to reject it.

Source(s): 14+ piercings including Inverse Navel. Body Piercer.

You're in general touchy or allergic to false metals, so sure, when you get your stomach button pierced it's going to certainly reject seeing that they do the preliminary piercing with the surgical metal and you'll be able to need to depart it in there for a well nine-yr earlier than exchanging it, to diminish your threat of illness. They do make white gold, or gold stomach earrings, the only I put on is 14k white gold, however they're a bit of high priced. (A consistent stomach ring is $15-$20 my white gold one used to be $eighty five.) I'm definite when you pass to the piercer and allow them to recognize you're allergic to silver or steel they would pierce you along with your ring of option-- the white gold one. You would convey it with you while you obtained it performed and so they would placed that one in as a substitute.