Who else thinks that only a few American actors are actually good (at least) in movies?

Hollywood is mostly made up of American actors/actresses, but why? I mean, half of them are crap! Don't get me wrong, I love Americans, but why are they so popular? Is it because there are so many American people so they want to watch other Americans become famous? I believe America has quantity, and actors not... show more Hollywood is mostly made up of American actors/actresses, but why? I mean, half of them are crap! Don't get me wrong, I love Americans, but why are they so popular? Is it because there are so many American people so they want to watch other Americans become famous? I believe America has quantity, and actors not from America have quality. Its like Americans can get in easier, is it because they're FROM America? Is Hollywood biast? I best American actors I think are Viggo Mertensen (TLOTR), Brad Pitt (Troy), Jhonny Depp (POTC), Samual L Jackson (Star Wars), Angelina Jolie, Harrison Ford (Star Wars, Indiana Jones)...
I mean Owen Wilson! Man he is crap! As soon as you start watching him he bores you to death!
Whereas when you look at foreign actors/actresses, there is such a small number that are bad! Jackie Chan, Orlando Blook, Diane Kruger, Sir Ian Mckellen, Christopher Lee, Liam Neeson, Kiera Knightly (POTC), Sean Connary (007, Indiana Jones), Pierce Brosnan (007)...the list goes on. They are all GREAT!

Does anyone else agree with me?

Thanks.

P.S. No offence to Americans...your great! (at least some of you :))
Update: Oh yes Tom Hanks. One of the best!
4 answers 4