Who else thinks that only a few American actors are actually good (at least) in movies?

Hollywood is mostly made up of American actors/actresses, but why? I mean, half of them are crap! Don't get me wrong, I love Americans, but why are they so popular? Is it because there are so many American people so they want to watch other Americans become famous? I believe America has quantity, and actors not from America have quality. Its like Americans can get in easier, is it because they're FROM America? Is Hollywood biast? I best American actors I think are Viggo Mertensen (TLOTR), Brad Pitt (Troy), Jhonny Depp (POTC), Samual L Jackson (Star Wars), Angelina Jolie, Harrison Ford (Star Wars, Indiana Jones)...

I mean Owen Wilson! Man he is crap! As soon as you start watching him he bores you to death!

Whereas when you look at foreign actors/actresses, there is such a small number that are bad! Jackie Chan, Orlando Blook, Diane Kruger, Sir Ian Mckellen, Christopher Lee, Liam Neeson, Kiera Knightly (POTC), Sean Connary (007, Indiana Jones), Pierce Brosnan (007)...the list goes on. They are all GREAT!

Does anyone else agree with me?

Thanks.

P.S. No offence to Americans...your great! (at least some of you :))

Oh yes Tom Hanks. One of the best!

• Vader
    Favorite Answer

There are lots of great American actors. Though I don't think you knew most of them very well, maybe because you're still young. These actors are among the best, Gene Hackman, Denzel Washington, Morgan Freeman, Marlon Brando, Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Jack Nicholson, Dustin Hoffman, Sean Penn, Sidney Poitier, Rober Duvall. Tom Hanks, Meryll Streep, Katharine Hepburn, Jodie Foster, Susan Sarandon, Hillary Swank and may more.

I'm not sure where you're getting Orlando Bloom or Kiera Knightley as good actors...they're so bland.

What about Tom Hanks? Meryl Streep? And of course the ever under-rated Michael Keaton.

• arlina

ok, i'm not into vampires, in any respect. the only vampires i admire are "The misplaced Boys" with Kiefer Sutherland. Vampires purely look fairly cheesy to me. I did watch "Twilight" purely as a results of fact my sister needed me to. i could not even watch all of it. It became uninteresting, Kristen Stewart OVER-acts to the factor that that is purely fairly obtrusive that she is performing. that is meant to look organic & actual. Too many pointless close-united statesand angles that purely made it look very poorly directed. I even have not examine the e book as a results of fact I haven't any interest in it. i would not bypass & see New Moon. As i became declaring all of those obtrusive screw-united statesand un-mandatory scenes interior the action picture, my sister began to realize how undesirable it became besides. human beings purely delight in the action picture as a results of fact of Taylor Lautner & Robert Pattinson. I do like Taylor Lautner, he sounds like a sturdy fellow. yet, the the remainder of the forged is so-so. & i think of the plot is extremely...dumb. Vampire falls in love with mortal. Whoopie. that is like a very lame drama action picture.

Leonardo dicaprio!! He is the most AMAZING actor ever and hes AMERICAN

Source(s): I looked it up on wikipedia, hes american