promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

geek poll: do you know how large your Hard Drive is on your computer?

you're not the geek. I'm the geek for asking. Just wondering if I need a 320 or 500 gb space.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Abi
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

For some reason i only put a 160GB hard drive in mine, lol, don't know why:)

How big a hard drive you need depends on how you're going to use it. If you are going to partition it for basic back-up, then you need at least 500 GB, maybe 1 TB if you're going to download a lot of things like movies, specially if in High Definition.

But I wouldn't partition your hard drive, there's not much point, it's much better just to have a separate external hard-drive so that you can be fully backed up if your main hard drive ever fails completely.

The difference in price is negligible for what you get, so I'd always go for the biggest hard-drive you can. Even though for some reason that's not what I did, lol.

Is that geeky enough? :)

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 10 years ago

My internal hard drive is 500 GB. My external hard drive has a capacity of 1.5 TB.

Go for the 500 GB. There is a negligible price difference between the two. Why settle for less?

• 320 gb

• 10 years ago

250 gb

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

I also have 250 gb

• 4 years ago

i prefer to propose doing a format and reinstalling living house windows, its fairly what geek squad could do, and overcharge you like they do for each thing for it. Get your living house windows disk, pop it in, reboot, and shop on with the training intently. do no longer mess with partitions, in simple terms installation it the place your living house windows is now. a speedy format will do the trick.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

In fact, I barely know what a hard drive is. I'm such a blonde

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Oh I see you're still measuring in gigabytes lol

• 10 years ago

whats a hard drive?

• 10 years ago

750GB. However, only about 640GB are available for use.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.