geek poll: do you know how large your Hard Drive is on your computer?

you're not the geek. I'm the geek for asking. Just wondering if I need a 320 or 500 gb space.

• Abi
    Favorite Answer

For some reason i only put a 160GB hard drive in mine, lol, don't know why:)

How big a hard drive you need depends on how you're going to use it. If you are going to partition it for basic back-up, then you need at least 500 GB, maybe 1 TB if you're going to download a lot of things like movies, specially if in High Definition.

But I wouldn't partition your hard drive, there's not much point, it's much better just to have a separate external hard-drive so that you can be fully backed up if your main hard drive ever fails completely.

The difference in price is negligible for what you get, so I'd always go for the biggest hard-drive you can. Even though for some reason that's not what I did, lol.

Is that geeky enough? :)

My internal hard drive is 500 GB. My external hard drive has a capacity of 1.5 TB.

Go for the 500 GB. There is a negligible price difference between the two. Why settle for less?

• 320 gb

250 gb

I also have 250 gb

i prefer to propose doing a format and reinstalling living house windows, its fairly what geek squad could do, and overcharge you like they do for each thing for it. Get your living house windows disk, pop it in, reboot, and shop on with the training intently. do no longer mess with partitions, in simple terms installation it the place your living house windows is now. a speedy format will do the trick.

In fact, I barely know what a hard drive is. I'm such a blonde

Oh I see you're still measuring in gigabytes lol

whats a hard drive?

750GB. However, only about 640GB are available for use.