Do you have a right to do anything you want to your own body without asking your spouse's permission?

should a married dude or chick need to ask their spouse's permission before doing any of the following things to his/her own body? 1. masturbate 2. deliberately gain or lose weight 3. begin smoking or using recreational drugs 4. get plastic surgery, liposuction, breast augmentation or pec implants 5. get... show more should a married dude or chick need to ask their spouse's permission before doing any of the following things to his/her own body?

1. masturbate
2. deliberately gain or lose weight
3. begin smoking or using recreational drugs
4. get plastic surgery, liposuction, breast augmentation or pec implants
5. get a tattoo
6. get tattoos all over their face
7. sharpen their teeth to points and wear a bone throught their nose
8. get a vasectomy or tube ligation
9. get neutered
10. get a sex change
Update: the questions are hypothetical, of course. i asked it 'cause many religions teach when you get married your bodies become the joint property of you and your spouse together. but many rights advocates say exactly the opposite, that your body remains your own to do as you wish. i was wondering about the range... show more the questions are hypothetical, of course. i asked it 'cause many religions teach when you get married your bodies become the joint property of you and your spouse together. but many rights advocates say exactly the opposite, that your body remains your own to do as you wish. i was wondering about the range of opinions from the folks here.
Update 2: the reason i included #9 is 'cause that's a real situation faced everyday by many folk's with certain diseases like cancer of the genitals. in particular dudes with testicular cancer often have to choose between saving their own lives and ending their sex life or keeping their sex life intact and... show more the reason i included #9 is 'cause that's a real situation faced everyday by many folk's with certain diseases like cancer of the genitals. in particular dudes with testicular cancer often have to choose between saving their own lives and ending their sex life or keeping their sex life intact and probably dying. the same applies for chicks with breast or ovarian cancer but not to the same extent.
Update 3: my own opinion is that when a couple get's married they're agreeing to keep themselves healthy and attractive for their mate. any decision which can affect their marriage has to be agreed on mutually between them. that includes anything which could change their appearance or affect their sex lives or... show more my own opinion is that when a couple get's married they're agreeing to keep themselves healthy and attractive for their mate. any decision which can affect their marriage has to be agreed on mutually between them. that includes anything which could change their appearance or affect their sex lives or ability to have children. your mate should have veto power over any of these decisions. and if you go against your mate's wishes you're breaking the marriage contract you agreed to. that even includes masturbation if it's causing you to lose interest in your partner. the only exception i would make is a serious health decision like testicular or ovarian cancer. if removing your testicles or breast or ovaries will save your life that should be your own ultimate decision regardless of what your mate says.
Update 4: thanks all for your answers. it seems you all really got into this question. of course any answer you give is a matter of personal opinion; there's really no right or wrong answer here. so i'm leaving it to the y/a community to choose best answer. thanks and don't forget to vote.
23 answers 23