how can i go about becoming a veterinary technician?

I want to go to an actual school not an online program and i live in Southern California i can not seem to find a school too go to that isn't an online program.

Favorite Answer

Three public community colleges in southern California which have this program are Pierce College in Woodland Hills, Mt. San Antonio College in Walnut (both in L.A. County), and San Diego Mesa College. The first two programs have AVMA approval. The latter program has state approval, but not AVMA approval.

Source(s): www.vmb.ca.gov

I'm not sure about CA, but in NC there is no required certificate or degree. There are physical schools that offer the educational programs. If there are not in your area, I would look for work as a kennel tech or assistant. If you're reliable and responsible, you will be given more responsibility if you desire. I think that would be a very good place to start...good luck