How do I get a arrest record expunged? I love in Illinois.?

I was arrested for something about 7 yrs ago and when I went to trial the case was thrown out of court. Ever since then, when I have applied for a job this arrest still pops up and causes trouble even though the case itself was thrown out of court and I was not guilty of any crime. I had a FOID card violation, not a murder charge. How do I make this arrest go away or expunged?

6 Answers

  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    The Office of the State Appellate Defender's office created an online booklet to answer your exact question.

  • JB
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

    An arrest should not show up on a background check for a regular job, only a conviction. But, if you want it expunged, you need to file the proper paperwork with the courts. And as you are not a lawyer, you would be best suited to hire one to handle the paperwork for you.

  • 3 years ago

    Your expungement order in Illinois desires to be signed with the help of a decide - yet you'll be able to desire to document the petition with the circuit courtroom clerk first - an hardship-free technique and maximum clerks workplace might assist you interior the approach.

  • 5 years ago

    Criminal Records Search Database :

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

    Contact an attorney

  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

    you have to call the police officer who arrested you and pay him an under the table fee of $1000 and he will make everything go away.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.