I sprayed a roach and it didn't die. Are they becomming immune to the effects of roach spray?

Well, it wasn't a roach, it was a waterbug. In my state there are these bugs called waterbugs that look like roaches and some people call them roaches, but they are black and have a shinny shell and no wings. Last night I saw this massive ugly black and shinny adult hunchback waterbug (roach) and I sprayed... show more Well, it wasn't a roach, it was a waterbug. In my state there are these bugs called waterbugs that look like roaches and some people call them roaches, but they are black and have a shinny shell and no wings.

Last night I saw this massive ugly black and shinny adult hunchback waterbug (roach) and I sprayed it with Hot Shot. It kept going and didn't die. So I sprayed it again and it just ran behind the vacuum cleaner. It emerged and I sprayer it again and this time, I held down the button for a long time but it still only ran. I ended up spraying it around 8x and coating it in spray, but it never died. The spray didn't affect it at all. It was indifferent. It just kept walking around like nothing happened. It was indestructible.

I kill waterbugs all the time with spray, but this one didn't react to it at all. Why didn't this roach die when I kill them all the time with roach spray? What could be some reasons? Do you think it is one of the ones that became immune to roach spray?