My boyfriend was positive for TB?

My boyfriend had a physical the other day for a camping trip and had a tuberculosis screening shot in him forearm... Days later it turned red and swollen and was positive... For those who have no clue what this is tuberculosis is a disease caused by bacteria called Mycobacterium tuberculosis. The bacteria can... show more My boyfriend had a physical the other day for a camping trip and had a tuberculosis screening shot in him forearm... Days later it turned red and swollen and was positive... For those who have no clue what this is tuberculosis is a disease caused by bacteria called Mycobacterium tuberculosis. The bacteria can attack any part of your body, but they usually attack the lungs. TB disease was once the leading cause of death in the United States.TB is spread through the air from one person to another. The bacteria are put into the air when a person with tuberculosis disease of the lungs or throat coughs or sneezes. People nearby may breathe in these bacteria and become infected.

People who are infected with tuberculosis do not feel sick, do not have any symptoms, and cannot spread TB. But they may develop tuberculosis disease at some time in the future. People with tuberculosis disease can be treated and cured if they seek medical help. Even better, people who have tuberculosis infection but are not yet sick can take medicine so that they will never develop tuberculosis disease. His x-ray came back perfect... I had testeing done a few days ago and my came back good. i live with him along with our 2 kids... How can i protect them from this if it is what it is... I dont understand how he would get this..... He just went to the dept.of health him going there wont it increase his risks of developing TB especially cuz there's people there with it?