RLP
Lv 4
RLP asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Why is John Kerry avoiding taxes and docking his new yacht in Rhode Island instead of his HOME state?

http://bostonherald.com/track/inside_track/view.bg...

Sen. John Kerry, who has repeatedly voted to raise taxes while in Congress, dodged a whopping six-figure state tax bill on his new multimillion-dollar yacht by mooring her in Newport, R.I.

Update:

I do not advocate and vote to raise taxes on others while trying to avoid them MYSELF. I am against Government waste and tax increases.

Update 2:

John Kerry votes in Congress to RAISE our taxes while HE avoids them...don't you understand that liberals?????

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Bill
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

John Kerry is avoiding taxes and docking his new yacht in Rhode Island instead of his HOME state because - !!JOHN KERRY IS A RACIST!! Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick is black and Rhode Island's Governor Donald L. Carcieri is white.

just a joke.

This move saved Kerry $437,500.00 in sales taxes and $70,000.00 a year in excise taxes. Democratic Senator John Kerry screws his own state with Tax Dodge. When liberals, like Kerry, talk about “tax the rich”, they don’t mean themselves. They don’t mean, that is, the super rich. People in the financial status of John Kerry simply don’t pay a lot of taxes – Kerry’s yacht represents millions in wealth, but its just a rich man’s toy, and only a tiny percentage of his total wealth – someone else might have the same amount of millions, but it is in a construction firm, or a doctor’s office, or a software company and its all he’s got.

This is why we conservatives say that taxing the rich is counter-productive. Its not that we love the rich, but that the rich who are being taxed are our most productive citizens. Meanwhile, people vastly richer are let off – and will continue to be let off because such a large number of them are liberals, like John Kerry.

The sickening hypocrisy of these liberals is just breathtaking. They've bled our economy dry, we're permanently indebted, they call us unpatriotic for complaining about excessive taxation, yet when it comes time to save some pocket change for a gazillionaire, they take advantage of every loophole.

Taxes for thee, not for me..... quote by Sen. John Kerry o_O

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A yacht (I think anything over 30 feet) can be registered at a home port of the owners choosing, something that people have done for years to avoid taxes (or to pay less tax).

It does seem rather hypocritical of Kerry to support raising taxes in the most over taxed state in the country and then use a technicality to avoid what he has done or contributed to.

• Steve
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Because, like any resident of Massachusetts, he can. It's not taxable in Mass, if he didn't buy it for use in Mass.

Similar to how George H.W. Bush claimed he was a resident of Texas when all he owned in Texas was a piece of property but he had a house in Maine. By claiming to reside in Texas, which has no income tax, he avoided paying any income tax to Maine where his house was located.

When George W. Bush was elected, Cheney had to change his residence, because by law the president and VP can't be from the same state. So, Cheney moved his residence to another state with no income tax.

• 1 decade ago

Because Swift Boating Johnny thinks that since he writes the tax laws he can play the loopholes, as he was once quoted as saying taxes are for suckers

Source(s): May God Bless you and keep us all safe from the progressive axis of evil,0bama,Pelosi&Reid
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • beren
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

John Kerry did not write nor does he vote on the Mass. tax code.

• 1 decade ago

Because RI is stupid they tax the hell out of car owners but don't tax boat owners it called a luxury tax for cars what the heck do they think a yacht is and I'm not defending Kerry

• 1 decade ago

According to rich Liberal politicians, taxes are for the little people, and rich Republicans. Surely you know that, right?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

So it can run for Vice President in 2012!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm sure John Kerry pays more in taxes than you do. And rightly so, given how wealthy he is.

• 1 decade ago

it is the do as i say not as i do syndrome, he thinks that he is above all us serfs that don't have a clue that know extremely rich people like him don't pay the taxes that the rest of the working wealthy do.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.