What types of law courses are there?

I'm really interested in entering a law course in university, but before I make any decisions, I'd really like to know what kinds of law there are after one finishes graduating. Could someone make a list of the different types of law there are? For example, are there different types of law regarding defending people's rights? And which are the more popular (ie. have a higher job rate?)

Thanks. =)

Favorite Answer

Civil Law: Civil laws are those that deal with the enforcement of the rights of individuals (e.g. laws that deal with families or defamation). Civil lawyers argue for the enforcement of the rights of individuals. Civil lawyers specialize with and deal with legal actions and laws of a civil manner which is to say that they don’t usually do criminal or other types of law.

Family law: It deals with laws that relate to marriage, divorce, separation, adoption, guardianship of minors, access to and custody of children, division of property and maintenance payments. Family lawyer mostly argue for the family problems like divorce, marriage and etc….

Criminal law: The term criminal law, sometimes called penal law, refers to any of various bodies of rules in different jurisdictions whose common characteristic is the potential for unique and often severe impositions as punishment for failure to comply. Criminal lawyers mostly deal with the crime and they argue for it in the court, they make their client saved.

Corporate law: It is also called “company” or “corporations” law. It is the law of the most dominant kind of business enterprise in the modern world. The corporations have corporate lawyers generally for helping the clients make the company, the corporate lawyer mostly deal with the companies and businesses.

Real estate law: It deals with land and property and which related to the land permanently like the construction or the buildings. A real estate lawyer can handle various aspects of land like buying and selling land, agriculture, buildings etc….

Source(s): My own knowledge, and a bit of google work =]

Types Of Law

Depends on what you want to do. Forensics: Science degree, like chemistry or biology Cop: criminal justice or law enforcement, or none at all Corrections: none, won't do you any good FBI: computers, criminal justice, business, accounting Customs: see FBI Border patrol: see FBI Air Marshal: must have experience as law enforcement For the most part, most departments are going to programs that prefer college courses or degrees. However, some still don't care if you have degrees. Bottom line, if you want to be a cop, make sure you have good credit! I have a B.S. in Criminal Justice, and couldn't get a job because my credit wasn't good enough. I couldn't get a job in forensics, because I didn't have a science degree. I couldn't advance in corrections because I wouldn't sleep with the supervisors, and I didn't know anyone high up nor was I related to anyone with a rank. Good luck!

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What types of law courses are there?

I'm really interested in entering a law course in university, but before I make any decisions, I'd really like to know what kinds of law there are after one finishes graduating. Could someone make a list of the different types of law there are? For example, are there different types of law...

Source(s): types law courses there: https://shortly.im/2Lch6

111

Source(s): AskOnlineCourses - http://onlinecoursesfaqs.com/