forgot the name of this movie!?!?

there was this movie, the lead actress looked something like Sally Field from what i can remember. here's how it goes.

There was this family, the mother and her child were very attached. One night, the son started calling his mother, but her husband told her to leave him alone. She woke to check on him in the middle of the night and found that he strangled himself to death with one of his toys by accident.

He then turns into a ghost and they see each other constantly, until she gets fed up of the fake and tells him to leave.

Thats all i can remember. it was a looong time ago that i've seen it. anyone know what im talking about? anyhting would help. thanks.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

Reunion (1994 TV movie)

starring Marlo Thomas, Peter Strauss, Frances Sternhagen, Courtney Chase, Leelee Sobieski, Victor Slezak, Susan Kellermann

IMDb review:

The story revolve around Jessie Yates, who, with her husband, Sam, has three children, the youngest of whom, Jamie, almost dies at birth then later perishes in a tragic accident {as you describe in your question}. "Reunion" shows how one family deals or attempts to deal with the death of a child~a son who makes ghostly appearances witnessed at first by Jessie then later by one of the children. The script manages to tiptoe then jump into a dramatic and ghostly thriller wherein an angst-filled woman becomes tempted to cross over to the other side of reality. Or is it insanity?

• 9 years ago

Ghostbusters 2

• 9 years ago

I wish I knew the name of the movie to help you out, but it sure does sound like an interesting movie!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.