G-Bosco asked in PetsDogs · 10 years ago

Help find a good home in Portland Oregon area for my Pittbull who is 8 months old?

I am selling my house and moving into a smaller place that does not allow this beautiful dog. I have no other choice. I do not, I WON'T take him to the dog pound. He has not been fixed, has a wonderful personality and disposition. I need to find a home quick

Update:

He is free to the loving a wonderful person who will take him.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Go to the American Pit Bull Terrier Club of America and find a rescue there and surrender the dog. They are much better at finding good homes for the dogs.

Edit: Meaning he'll be free to anyone posing to be a nice person, only to sacrifice him to satan on halloween. Or he'll be free to someone from an animal testing lab claiming to be nice and promising a loving home, when, in all actuality, the dog will have all kinds of experiments done. Or you'll give him to a dog fighter.

Surrender him to a rescue, and they can do a much better job at screening out such people like I mentioned.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 10 years ago

Why take a dog on in the first place if you're not able offer it a permanent home? You could have arranged to move into a place that does allow dogs. Such places are available.

The reason you give for offloading your dog is probably the most common excuse people give to rescue groups. We hear this very same excuse all the time.

People buy a cute little puppy and when the cuteness wears off, they no longer want the dog.

Contact Pitbull rescue. They may be able to take the dog and find it a good home. The very least you should do is have the dog neutered before you hand him over to anyone. Responsible rescue groups do not rehome entire dogs so someone has to pay to have him neutered. That person should be you.

• 10 years ago

Well this is not the place to do that.

I can't imagine you'd sell your house to move to an apartment? Doesn't sound right to me.

It will probably take many months to find a home for the dog, adoptions are slow right now, and almost at a stand-still for Pit Bulls.

• 10 years ago

You're best bet, and the best thing you can do for him is to surrender him to a breed rescue.

http://pbrc.net/webapp/cgi-bin/orgs_by_state.cgi/3...

There are four in Portland to choose from

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

awww i wish i could have him but i have a male already and i think they'll fight and also my parents don't want to have any more pets and do u have any pictures of him

• 10 years ago

lol did you just call a pitbull beautiful?!!

• 10 years ago

post him on craigslist.org kijiji.com oodle.com

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.