Why do you believe in God? (Not a cynical question)?

I want to believe again, but I can't convince myself. I know it's a very personal and spiritual revelation, but please tell me why YOU personally believe in God, and what your evidence is.

Atheists need not answer. I know your feelings on the matter.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

I believe in God because he gave his life for me, the ultimate sacrifice. And my evidence is God, and the Bible.

Source(s): <><

Any and every day I can look around and see things that couldn't have just come about all by themselves and for no reason. The vast array of trees, flowers, crops, and life itself, tell me that there had to be a higher more intelligent and loving power for such things to exist. Look at a baby or youngster. Their beauty, their (our) complexity, their innocents, the wonder of our body and mind, all shout that a loving God made such as these possible. Look up on a clear night. Stand at the base of the Grand Canyon, Look across a dessert or the view from a mountain top. See and feel the rain & snow. Observe the power of the sun. That's God.

I know that I'm a sinner and of my own accord I deserve nothing good---But by the grace of God-- I have good.

I know that I can't go back in time and undo any wrongs I've committed against anyone--But God can.

I know the 10 commandments are right, proper, and lead to honorable living when followed. Mankind has put some of them into our laws. Who did the 10 commandments come from?--God.

Try as I may, I can't keep the 10 commandments and as such I need to be pardoned for my errors. Who is perfect and has the power and right to atone for my mistakes?--God.

The words of Ephesians 2:5-9 tell why I believe in God. PLEASE read them.

Academia states that in the absence of proof of the existence of something it must be deemed not to exist until verifiable proof is found - thus god is held not to exist pending some sort of verifiable evidence.

There is not one single mention of Jesus in the entire Roman record - that is right - not one!!! At the same time as he was supposed to have been around there were a number of Jews claiming to be the messiah - all of whom are well recorded!!

There is not a single contemporary record from any source and even the bible mentions of him like all other references were not written until many years after his supposed death!!

He was supposed to have been a huge problem to the Romans and produced wonderful miracles but still not one contemporary record?

Even the bible mentions of him like all other references were not written until many years after his supposed death!!

Pilate is recorded in the Roman record as a somewhat lack luster man but no mention of a Jesus, a trial or crucifixion that would surely have been used to make him look brighter!!

At best he was an amalgam of those others!!

The Roman Emperor Constantine produced the bible and he was a pagan not god!!! He also organized Christianity into the Holly Roman Catholic Church!! Not in Israel or any of the countries of supposed origin but entirely ITALIAN!!

Not one word of it is contemporary with the period and was not written until several hundred years after the period the story is set in!! How did the apostles write their books more than a hundred years after they would have been dead?

What a wonder full disinformation and deception campaign he waged against his Christian enemies - so good in fact that Christians are still following the deception to this day!!!

The first person to provide a shred of verifiable evidence for God will become world famous and mega rich!! Ain't happened yet and it never will!!

So how does this primitive belief survive? The answer is simple and very down to Earth!!

Acceptance of a supernatural claim tends to promote cooperative social relationships. This communication demonstrates a willingness to accept, without skepticism, the influence of the speaker in a way similar to a child's acceptance of the influence of a parent. By encouraging this kind of behavior where the most intense social relationships occur it facilitates the lack of skepticism and deters more open minded thinking.

They are christian, Muslim or the other religions depending where they were born simply because they were indoctrinated by their parents as very young children. They will go on to indoctrinate their own children and those will go on to indoctrinate their grandchildren!!

Atheists have the intellect to see through the conditioning and escape into the real world!!

Agnostics have the intellect to see through the conditioning but lack the courage to throw of the conditioning entirely.

Sadly Christians are still held firmly prisoner by the self perpetuating brainwashing!!

Source(s): University of Missouri-Columbia. Arizona State University

Don't worry about the bible until you have come to grips with what you feel, just sit down one day and ask yourself, why can't I believe if you want to believe again as you say the answer will come to you. Belief has to come from within, Don't let outside voices sway you until you have decided and then use the rest for support in what you have decided. The answer my not always be what you want if not go with it for a while and when the time is right what will be will be.

What threw me off believing is people always pushing the bible on me, to me that is someone Else's interpretation of god, I think belief is a personal experience one we each have to make by ourselves to really be at peace with it.

Why wouldn't you believe in God,is a better question,to ask yourself,why did you stop believing?I personally believe in God,because he has been w/ me since a young age,and his word,and inspirations have helped me through the hardest of times,there is no doubt about it.My secular friends solve their problems,or shortcomings w/ the world,which usually ends in more disaster.To have the Lord and my faith to look to makes me stronger than ever,this is no false feeling,as I have lived in the lords favor most my life,if you grow to understand how to win Gods favor,you will live a happier,and more productive life.I am far from perfect,so when I say I have the lords favor,it is not necessarily from doing good,than just allowing him to work in my life,nor do I try to blatantly sin,which would surely make me lose the Lords favor.You should not ask for proof of God. So believing in God brings many more positives,than looking to the secular to guide me through.And then there is the Eternal Life thing also.lol, Free your mind and the rest will follow.

YES

because i was sick for years and years

no income !!!

no life in general

when i started to pray and talk about my self to God every night!

i start to get better allover !!!!

my health is getting better

i have an income not to much but it is better than nothing

and a chance to have a new beginning this month

this is not a coincidence

btw u can say anything anywhere to God with your own language

a guy on Y! answers said ASK don't DEMAND

and u have to be sure your wish is gonna come true

so Good Luck

Source(s): my own experience

I believe in God because if you notice the world around you, it is too perfect not to believe in him. I tithe ten percent every other week and I have yet to become without money. If you look at the human body, each microscopic cell works together to eventually make a living breathing human. The human body is too perfect also to not be an act of God. For people who would disagree because of deformities from birth and such would be the fault of man himself. If the birds outside are taken care of and well fed, how much more will he take care of you, a person in his own image. God bless you and I hope this helps.

It was a very long process over 3 decades that led to my faith in Jesus. GOD speaks in many ways and continually just like a radio station. You just have to find the frequency and get within range to hear it. I am the evidence. My life is almost exactly opposite of where it was a little over ten years ago. I was searching for actual truth. I knew that we have our perceptions of truth but I wanted to find actual truth. This led to a personal encounter with Jesus one night on Christmas vacation. Once something like that happens there is very little doubt left to work with. :)

Reasons for Religion beliefs

-Negetive ones

1.Actually people created religions and gods to rely on them.

2.And some was created to explain scientific events like lightnings.

Some people feels stress on their lives and feels much better if they believe they have someone protecting them.

-Positive ones

1.Because your parents believe in religion.

2.Because you've seen a miracle with your eyes.

I believe in Buddism in these reasons. My parents believe in buddism and I have seen a miracle. My grandmother(buddism)'s house was robbed but money that she put under budda's picture wasn't robbed.

Hope it helped.

The Bible says that man/womankind is like the green grass the fades away, but the word of God last forever.

This was written thousands of years ago, yet these words are still here.

God promises eternal life; John 17:3

Love is the answer; love God, love your neighbor, love yourself.

I believe in God because of personal experience.