PK211
PK211 asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Anyone over 40 and pregnant?

I'm 42. I have a 15 yr old, 13 yr old, and 2 1/2 yr old. My little one was compliments of Clomid. I just found out that I am 6 weeks pregnant!! We weren't trying but weren't protecting against it but it's been 2 1/2 years with not even a scare. And I was told I was not ovulating regularly now so we weren't really concerned. Obviously I know I'm a high risk, just wondering someone else out there can relate. We're in shock, we're thrilled, but OMG! I'm pregnant!

Favorite Answer

I am 39, and am 6 weeks pregnant. I will be having this baby when I have already turned 40, and I couldn't be more thrilled. This is my first ever pregnancy, and my husband and I have been trying to conceive for 15 years. It took quite a few corrective surgeries, 2 IVF cycles, and an egg donor to get us to this point. We are thankful to finally be blessed with parenthood, but because of all that it took us to get to this point, I find myself unable to relax and not worry so much about miscarriage. You should be grateful that you're so incredibly fertile, and have been blessed to not only have 3 children already, but to have an "oops" pregnancy at our age. Most women of our age must resort to using an egg donor.

The plus side I feel about my hubby and I being older parents is that not only are we much more financially set than any 20 year old couples, but that our maturity level and common sense has had time to develop fully for parenthood. We know at this age what it truly means to "not sweat the small stuff", how to work as a team in life, and how to follow through on important goals.

I wish you the very best for this newest pregnancy of yours. May your baby be healthy and your family be happy. :) Congrats.

Source(s): I am a first time soon to be mom
  • congrats! this is awesome! and honestly, you have a 2.5 year old, so i doubt you are frail at ALL, you are more than likely in better physical health than me, and im more than half your age..

more and more women are having children past 35 and even past 45..

since it hasnt been 15 years since your LAST child, i think everything will go just fine..

congrats to you, your hubby, and your children!!!!

• Bonini

I can't really relate on the age part, but I DO want to say Congratulations!!!:) Very happy for you guys:)

Source(s): 21 weeks with a baby girl :)

congrats