Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 10 years ago

I don't get it, Obama wants to extend unemployment and challenge Ariz. immigration law?

Obama is allowing immigrants to steal our jobs...

and keeping Americans on unemployment.

What would have happen if McCain is our President... would the unemployment rate goes down to 1.5%?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't get where Obama wants to provide something that is not in the constitution and then ignores the constitution when it comes to protecting the states, such as Arizona.

The federal government has a constitutional duty to protect the states from an invasion and acts of violence.

US Constitution Article 4 Section 4

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

I know some idiot is going to say that unemployment comes under the General Welfare. Guess again the General Welfare clause is the clause used to lay and collect taxes. Even if I gave you that clause it does not say PROVIDE, is says PROMOTE

@ObamaBot

Yes the Glass-Steigal Act was repealed. Guess who did NOT veto the bill? Bill Clinton that is who was the president at the time that Graham, Leach Biliey was enacted.

84% of the democrats voted in favor of the bill as did 98% of the republicans. In the House 75% of the democrats voted in favor and 98% of the republicans.

What is it about illegal immigration that you fail to understand? If you care so much why not take a family of illegals into your home and pay for their housing, food, clothing, medical, dental and education expenses out of your own pocket and quit taking it out of MY pocket...

Now tell me why Obama and congress are not performing their constitutional duty and protecting Arizona from the invasion that they are now experiencing. This is now more than a simple illegal immigration problem.

@Oliver K.

What do you call it when illegals have come across the border and are now controlling 3 counties? If this is not an invasion then I do not know what is.

Invasion - definition

the act of invading; any entry into an area not previously occupied; i.e. "an invasion of tourists"; "an invasion of locusts"

What about the acts of violence? is this too hyperbole?

• Login to reply the answers
  • 10 years ago

If you don't 'get it' why don't you educate yourself on the subject, surprise everyone, and come back here with some facts to back up your claim?

Then again, no other Republican does it, so why should you?

Yes, I think the best course of action is to simply insult Obama in as many ways as you can. Then others will join in, with more insults, and eventually you will be part of idiocracy.

But let, for sheer self delusion, prove you wrong.

Get up early. Drive to the fields. Offer to pick strawberries. They will let you.

Go to Home Depot with a picture of some construction project you worked on. They will eagerly pick you up if you can shout over the heads of others that you are an excellent worker with id. You might have to wait a few days.

You see, pubs believe in something called a free market, where the most productive, cheapest person gets the job. If we didn't let the illegals in, then we would just move the jobs over to them. That's why we no longer make things here anymore.

Now, Obama is extending unemployment benefits because of the recession. The recession began when financial deregulation led to too much risk in the housing and finance industries, creating the worst stock market slide and financial bankruptcies since the Great Depression - another time when Republicans were in control.

What else? Oh, McCain? He would probably act like a maniac, which is what he did the last time there was an economic catastrophe and he was in the public eye. He has no idea about economics, since his previous economic adviser was the one who wrote the law the repealed the Glass-Stiegal act, which was a cornerstone of financial regulation that kept us safe since the great depression.

• 10 years ago

McCain was for immigration reform, before he was against it. (sound familiar to you conservatives?) It all just depends if it's an election year or not.

Calling the immigration problem in the SW "an invasion" is just hyperbole.

If you like eating apples and strawberries that don't cost $8.00 a pound you should sit down, stop being hysterical, and let the man (Obama) get comprehensive Immigration Reform on the table and enact some form of the Guest Worker program like Bush wanted (and like we've done before in the country during WW2).

No one that's an illegal immigrant is "stealing your job", the vast majority of illegals compete with high-school drop-outs for work. So maybe some of you should go get that GED and get into management at the local Slaughterhouse.

• 10 years ago

No, if McCain were President unemployment would be even worse, as he is a budget hawk who would be reluctant to pass more stimulus.

As for taking your job, unless you're working at Burger King you have little to fear from the illegal immigrants.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Actually, illegal immigrants bring jobs.

Did you know that 9 of the top 10 states, economically speaking, are Liberal states. And that 9 of the bottom 10 states, economically speaking, are Conservative.

Now the Liberal state that is in the bottom ten is Michigan. The reason it is there is an easy one to figure out. They relied on only one industry, the auto industry, and when gas prices shot up under the Bush Administration that crushed the American auto industry. With the fall of the auto industry, Michigan was going to fail right along with it.

What about the Conservative state in the top ten? Well, that would be Texas. Now why do I believe that illegal immigrants helped the state rather than hurt it?

Well, I would compare Texas and South Carolina. These two states are the two most Conservative economic states in the country, and they are almost exactly alike in every way save one--Texas has far more illegal immigrants. That is the SOLE economic difference between the two. All those unskilled cheap labor immigrants still need a skilled labor American to manage them, and that means jobs for Texas. Cheap labor also means low operational costs for Texas businesses, which attracts more businesses to Texas and therefore more money. And guess what. All those illegal immigrants are still human, with human wants and needs. You know, things like food and cars and TVs and whatnot. And guess where they buy it from? That's right, kitten. They go to American stores and spend all that money, thus increasing sales and profit.

THAT is why Texas made it to the top ten when no other Conservative state has been able to do so in decades.

"But," you might say, "what about all that welfare we have to pay for those illegal immigrants?" Good question. Actually, if you just did a little research you would realize that it isn't, but it is an understandable one for someone who clearly has no idea what is going on.

As it turns out, illegal immigrants are actually the SMALLEST DEMOGRAPHIC for welfare. Number one is actually white women. Then black women, then white men, then Hispanic women, then black men, then Hispanic men. There is no subset for illegal immigrants; but let's be honest, most illegal immigrants are Hispanic. And since Hispanics are also the smallest demographic for welfare, and illegal immigrants are a subset of the Hispanic group, you can infer that they are the absolute smallest takers of welfare. Unless you want to also count "other" as a demographic; "other" refers to Asians, Arabs, Native Americans, Pacific Islanders, etc.

• 10 years ago

My goodness, there are so many uneducated people on this site that claim to care for America yet advocate it's destruction by insulting the President with some ridiculous ideas that it astounds me beyond belief.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

It's payback time for all of the hateful worthless liberals who despise America. You can bet they're butt-slapping and high-fiving each other every time Obama destroys America a little more.

• 10 years ago

takeourjobs.org

Let me know when you find an unemployed man willing to do their jobs. Better yet, let them know.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.