Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsFish · 1 decade ago

Is my betta fish rare? [Video]?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Sorry to disappoint you but he's not, I work with fish daily and I've seen quite a few bettas with similar coloring(he's very pretty though). The great thing about bettas, as MissSammi said, is that they're all completely different from one another.

And to address the question in your video, the thing he's doing with his cheeks is just him flaring his gills, all bettas do that. It's a sign of aggression that they do to intimidate other fish, yours must have seen his reflection in the glass (which tends to happen when the room around the tank is dark, but the tank light is on like yours was). Here's some more information on flaring for you http://www.bettatalk.com/betta_behavior.htm

Source(s): Have worked with fish for over 5 years
  • 1 decade ago

Sorry, but no. I've seen other bettas with similar coloring before at my local petsmart. Like everybody before me said, no two bettas look the same.

• Cheryl
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

well since my betta is pure white i am going to say your fish looks pretty cool ... i have never saw one that colour or with spots on the fins ... and the fins are beautiful :O)

• 1 decade ago

No. I don't think so. They come in a variety of colors and no two are really alike. I've seen similar ones to yours though. He's cute. :)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

No. Very standard betta colouration. He's pretty, though. :)

• 1 decade ago

no. He would not win any awards in a fish show either

Source(s): 60 years of breeding Bettas
  • 1 decade ago

no im sorry to say....looks like the one i have...same color and everything...

• 1 decade ago

no i had one just like it....and when he opens his thing that is showing is aggression lol...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.