Derrick Jeter is currently hitting for .271 BA. And that is after a good day at the plate going 5-5 or so!?

8 HR, .271 BA... 8 measly homeruns. Will he retire before he embarrsesses himself further?

for the love of god Jeter, go play golf!!

Favorite Answer

To be fair, the 8 home runs isn't exactly bad. Jeter has never been a major home run hitter; but he's guaranteed to reach double digits every year. I'm sure he'll make it there this year, too.

.271 is a weak average, about 40 points below his career level. But it isn't bad enough to be embarassing. I'm sure Jeter will retire soon, but again it's not a matter of embarassment. He'll have over 3,000 hits by the end of next year - and I don't think any member of the 3,000 hit club could be considered an embarassment!

Since you're a Red Sox fan, I'd think you of all people should appreciate Mr. Jeter's accomplishments. He has been your team's rival for 15 years now. Why don't you show the man a little respect? You can hate the Yankees and still respect Jeter as a player.

Jeter is having a rough year thus far. A .332 OBP and *gasp* .380 SLG% is nothing to write home about but given the fact that we have little less then half a season left to play giving him plenty of time to get hot and improve his overall numbers I would not suggest him throwing in the towel on his entire career.

• Foxx

I am not a Yankee fan, but Jeter is still better than most short stops in the league, and if the Yankees do not want him, plenty of other teams do.

A Go to hell Jeter is a very respected man and a very great baseball player

• D

Hey dumbass i am a red sox fan but they can't win a ******* game.

It is spelt 'Derek.' If anyone should be 'embarrsessed,' it's you.

• bored

Derek Jeter.

Average- .268

HR-8

RBI-44

Runs-62

SB-10

And shall we have a look at Marco Scutaro?

Average-.279

HR-4

RBI-29

Runs-56

SB-2

So whos better?

well i am sure that is still better than what you can do.