Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMartial Arts · 10 years ago

Pro Boxer vs. Karate master. Who wins?

First of off, I know damn well its based off the fighter.

Lets say all we know its a Pro Boxer vs.Kyokushin kaikanKarate Master.

Who you THINK would win???

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

While over the past few months, I have learned that names matter little, without taking a look at one they could do, the boxer. I am not saying this because I like Rocky Balboa over Karate Kid, but rather I'm stating it statistically.

I can name you 10 successful boxers in mma right now (For the hell of it, I'll go ahead).

#1: BJ Penn

#2: Rashad Evans

#3: Rampage Jackson

#4: Minotauro

#5: Forrest Griffin (Although he uses some kickboxing, he's mostly boxing).

#6: Marcus Davis

#7: Frank Shamrock.

#8: Diego Sanchez

#9: Joe Stevenson

#10: Shogun Rua (Although this may be hard to believe he attributed much of his success to boxing).

The only two guys I can think of that use karate (Effectively) is GSP and Lyoto Machida. GSP's primary base isn't karate anymore either.

While both are big stuff, it's just them vs the world.

Therefore, due to previous statistics, boxer wins.

On a side note, it'd be funny to watch the karate guy knock down the boxer, because the boxer is accustomed to not being hit while trying to get up, and the karate guy is accustomed to not hitting the guy while he's getting up.

Edit: To all of you who say "Boxer doesn't know about kicks", there's a pretty good chance karate doesn't know about punches. Also, boxers are much more accustomed to pain.

Trust me when I say 5 different punches can make the difference between winning and losing. Easy.

• Deano6 years agoReport

Oh hey I got list for u of boxers and not ufc fighters off topic!!! lol
      Muhammad Ali
      Mike Tyson
      Lennox Lewis
      Sugar ray Robinson
      Floyd mayweather jr
      Manny paquiao
      Oscar delahoya
      Wladmir klitschko
      James toney
      George foreman
      Earnie shavers
      Pro boxer takes this

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Karate Boxing

• 10 years ago

Well, Boxers only punch, and there only defense is putting their arms up. The karate guy will know a lot more than the boxer, and in most cases, win.

Just punching cant beat punching and kicking, and throwing, and groundfighting.

EDIT, dude that is MMA, real life is different, you are comparing a fight between the two over UFC? It doesnt work like that bud. And you cant say all of those guys are boxers, because they are NOT, they kick and they groundfight, which makes them mixed martial artists, or kickboxers with groundfighting, You would be surprised at just how much more the karate guy will know, Most mma fighters HAVE karate backgrounds, Lyoto machida, GSP, Chuck Liddell, Rich Franklin, Vitor Belfort, Bas Rutten, Guy Mezger all have trained in karate, now they may all have added moves from other martial arts, But it is MMA. Most of these guys cherish there karate backgrounds.

Source(s): training in both.
    • ...Show all comments
    • Deano6 years agoReport

Boxers are more than just punching the karate fighter will get knocked out boxers are faster and karate fighters are trained to defend boxers are trained to fight

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

if you would n`t mind i ` d adjust the premise - boxer pro vs. old school karate man .

In this case : - karate man face is bloody - boxer dies .

End of story . But if you gonna think in context of modern ruled sport system then : karate man face is bloody - boxer might be surprised by kicks but recovers quickly and scores KO after a while .

Why,do you think MMA was invented ?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Aside from individual skill levels, it also depends on the experience of each fighter in facing opponents from other styles. But more important are the rules of this hypothetical fight. If we use mainstream, official rules for Kyokushin sparring, then the boxer is at a disadvantage since he can't punch to the head. If it's boxing rules, the karateka looses most of his arsenal.

So, while it would be fun to speculate and make an educated guess or two, at the very least we would need to know the rules of this fight.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Well, the boxer would be able to take alot of blows, and would only need to connect a single shot with the karate dude to knock him out cold.

but boxing relies alot on muscular strength

• ?4 years agoReport

I know this is old but that is not true at all. There are little 135lb guys who could knock 6'3 guys out cold. Boxing has nothing to do with muscles, that's why we don't use weights. Some fighters do, but not a lot. Boxing is all about being able to turn with your shot and use your body weight

• 10 years ago

Well look, you can't say, Kyokushin is bare fist, ad has kicks, boxing is a sport, kyokushin a martial art, if there was kyokushin rules: Kyokushin wins, Boxer's rules: Boxer wins. No rules: Kyokushin wins, as the boxer could not take punches to the head bare fist (yes i know kyokushin doesn't punch to the head but its NO RULES) and has no idea what to do with kicks.

Hope i helped!

Source(s): Kyokushin karateka, boxer lol i know ironic
  • 4 years ago

Karate master has better skill set and more holds, and usually is trained in other martial arts as well.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Karate master.

Does the boxer have any experience, AT ALL, with dealing with kicks? No, probably not. Game over.

If you don't know how to deal with someone who kicks and he starts kicking, you die.

EDIT: At King of Y!A:

WTF are you talking about? Don't try to make your answer sound neutral. There's a good chance the boxer doesn't know about kicks but there's also a good change the Karate doesn't know about punches? Have you ever seen Karate? Of course it has punches and deals with punches, it's an asian striking art. But it's not even strictly striking, so there's another disadvantage for the boxer.

STRIKING: Punch, kick, grab, throw, takedown, grapple

Boxing: Punch

• 10 years ago

the better fighter.

but generally, the karate master would win

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.