Smile asked in SportsOther - Sports · 1 decade ago

What clubs and sports should I join in high school?

I am a going to be a fresh man. I am not the best in competitive sports.These are the options:

Chess

Dance Team

Environmental Alliance

FAA (Franklin Athletic Association)-The FAA is responsible for managing various teams and fundraisers. Members are elected at the end of the school year and take over their positions the following year. The FAA hosts many fundraisers.

Guatemala Project-It raises awareness about the social and political situation in Guatemala and to undertake actions to support social justice work in Guatemala.

Improv

PALS (People Acting as Leaders of Spirit)-These people are a group of students who are enthusiastic and welcoming. They organize all the events that relate to grade 8 and 9 students, to help make the transition from elementary school to high school easier for everyone.

Radio Club-It gives you your morning announcements, including the National Anthem and the announcement board outside the main office!

ROAR (Rights of Animals Restored)

Robotics

SASS (Students Against Stereotyping Sexuality)

School Newspaper (The Franklin)

Student Council

TI (Technology Initiatives)

Yearbook

Baseball

Basketball

Dragonboat

Hockey

Soccer

Swim Team

Ultimate Frisbee

Volleyball

Favorite Answer

I would suggest just to try playing basketball, volleyball, and mess around with the other sports at home or with friends(which I highly recommend), and see what you like best and what you're good at. If you're a shy person, you can try out for the swim team, since you have to try to beat your own records all the time, as well as ultimate frisbee(sheesh, I'm jealous of you that you have this, since I'm an AMAZING thrower). If you're sociable and can work with the team, try out for volleyball or basketball. If you really like these sports and are good at them, try out. The clubs: I would recommend doing Student Council if you can make good speeches and are dedicated to community service. I just recently got elected to the SC in my school, and it's going a lot of fun. We make Homecoming decorations, set up the junior/senior prom, raise money for the APL, etc. Guatemala Project- if you're interested in this country and like politics, then this is the one for you. I am in a similar organization called "Model United Nations(MUN)". It's when you have to work together with a partner representing a country and other countries on solving a problem. The only bad thing is, though, is it's a LOT of work and research and conferences can get REALLY BORING after an hour or so. Finally: PALS- if you're a very welcoming person and enjoy working with kids in your grade and the class a year behind you, I'm positive you can do this. I know, this is a lot of info, but this is what I know, since I am in high school already and am already pretty experienced. This is just the gist of most things on your list. I don't know what you're good at, but if you try out new things, your life will be more fun and interesting. Good luck!

Source(s): Remember: Live, Laugh, Love. That's what my grandma always says when trying new things in life. Also from my own experience in high school

its fun to play sports in high school because it makes you feel like you are a part of the high school and it gets you involved in more. you should go outside and try and play around with a few things, soccer play, tennis racket, basketball, ect..and see what your good at. but seriously what you NEEED in high school is to be in clubs. student council or just anything. Colleges really really like kids who are involved with things! join a club where u are helping others or the community. im telling you the more you do in high school, the further ahead you'll be when its time for college! i know 4 years is a long ways away butttt the more you do, i promise the better off you'll be! good luck !