promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
pdooma
Lv 7
pdooma asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Is this really what our elected officials in Washington were sent there to do?

HR 2340 Salmon Lake Land Selection Resolution Act

H. Con. Res. 290 Expressing support for designation of June 30 as "National ESIGN Day"

H Res 1491 Congratulating the University of South Carolina Gamecocks on Winning the 2010 NCAA Division I College World Series

H Res 1460 Recognizing the important role pollinators play in supporting the ecosystem and supporting the goals of and ideals of National Pollinator Week

H.Res.1446: Recognizing the residents of the City of Tracy, California, on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the city's incorporation, for their century of dedicated service to the United States.

H.R.5395: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 151 North Maitland Avenue in Maitland, Florida, as the "Paula Hawkins Post Office Building"

H.Res.1244: Recognizing the National Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition for its now five-year effort to promote cyber security curriculum in institutions of higher learning

H.Res.1439: Congratulating the Chicago Blackhawks on winning the 2010 Stanley Cup Championship.

H.Con.Res.285: Recognizing the important role that fathers play in the lives of their children and families and supporting the goals and ideals of designating 2010 as the Year of the Father

All of these things were voted on in the past month in the House. Is this really what we need to be spending time doing? It seems like it's a way to justify their jobs with the voters, but really seems unnecessary for the United States Congress to be wasting time researching, writing, editing, proposing, getting through committee and voting on the floor on.

Do you think this is what the Founding Fathers intended when they set up the government?

Update:

That's the problem. There is no smoking gun. It's just....minutiae. It's paperwork. It's meaningless crap that costs taxpayers money. It's the equivalent of TPS reports.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Jody
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I see nothing wrong with any of that...... I was expecting some kind of "smoking gun" on there, but alas, there was not one.

While it is minutia pointless stuff, its also nothing new. Bills like this have been passed dating all the way back to the founding fathers.... Not all of government is made up of useful big, groundbreaking bills. (thankfully)

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Go Gamecocks!

2010 NCAA Baseball Champions

• botarf
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

in the organic sense of the definition of Ludicrous , you need to no longer be extra nicely suited. Why can we because of the fact the business enterprise enable this to ensue, i will think of of a few reasons. Lazy, Uninformed, empathetic. in basic terms some reasons. i such as you spend sometime in the face of my elected officers, Orin Hatch. has me on velocity dial while it somewhat is marketing campaign season for him. i like Orin. he's one in all the somewhat on the element of sparkling good adult males in an extremely grotesque international that surrounds extreme point politics. You human beings particularly never opt to appreciate what is going on on the precise in the city of WDC. I even have 318 workers unfold out over 3 states. So In get to work out the Senators, Congressman, and bureaucrats of those states, some i does no longer throw a loop directly to save my existence, some I certainly think of are in touch approximately what an effect they have on their voting base. Federal smart, in the journey that your a Senator or Congressman, term Limits are the respond, You get 2 words, 1st one to learn the ropes, 2d one to get somehting performed, No existence long retirement. You get no longer something for walking away, No wellness shield existence, will strengthen in pay could be voted on via the human beings at national elections. And while a while is composed of expertise off into the sundown, Your *** is to never darken the halls of the Captial construction back, No lobbying, No effect peddeling, otherwise hi ft Levonworth,

• daisy
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

they don't know how to fix the economy or jobs. they are doing busy work to try and justify their pay and all the government workers who research these important items. LOL

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They have to be able to say they read some of the bills they passed.

• James
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

LOL...

Your list is pathetic. Where is everything else that Obama did. Seems you have to lie just to prove a point.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Finally something republicans voted for apparently.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

wine wine wine, complain complain complain, is that all you right wingers do when a democrat is in office?

• 1 decade ago

Yes that is exactly what they were sent there to do.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.