Gasping for air waking up. sleeping not well?

A week or so ago I woke up in the middle of my sleep literally gasping for air. Well hyperventilating. It was so scary I thought I was about to stop breathing. I went downstairs and then drank a little bit of water and then it went away except I felt nauseous and that I was about to vomit but I didnt. I could taste it. I went to urgent care and the doctor examined me and that was it. Didnt run any tests. I dont have health insurance. He said it might have been gastric reflux or maybe sleep apnea..and that he wouldnt really know unless there was more tests and for me to get a physician so they can know me better.

I usually take herbal sleep medications like melatonin, valerian and sometimes 5 htp. I havent taken them since then but lately this week I wake up right before I sleep and panic and jolt out of bed feeling nervous, heart beating fast and then I go to the bathroom always to urinate. I havent slept that well these past few days at all. tossing and turning in my sleep.

Ive been to a cardiologist and had a cbc-complete blood panel a year or so ago and nothing showed up. I actually had a cbc probably 2-3 times since a year or so ago. I thought it was a thyroid issue but maybe its sleep apnea. My dad has it. Im thin but I heard thin people can get it.

What should I do? I have no health insurance. Im on unemployment (laid off a year ago). This lack of sleep these past few days is causing me to get depressed and think negative.

"maybe you know" do you have sleep apnea or diagnosed? I have insomnia though I dont sleep all the way through without waking up

if its anxiety why is it only at night right when i sleep? thats why i think its a sleep disorder.

"eagles fan" thank you very much for the information. I will look to see if I can get temporary insurance. I havent slept this crappy in awhile and the attacks are becoming more frequent

Favorite Answer

Sounds like sleep apnea could be the cause for all of this, imo. I used to have sleep apnea so bad that I had to get a sleep study and wear a CPAP machine every night. i didn't get much sleep using a CPAP because it is annoying to wear that mask and the machine is so loud. But, there is a guide that teaches you all about sleep apnea, it teaches you the signs and symptoms of sleep apnea, the dangers of untreated sleep apnea, causes, and cures for sleep apnea without the use of a CPAP machine. Natural ways to get rid of sleep apnea. check it out, I promise you will feel better after reading it and soon you will find that you aren't waking up in the middle of the night gasping for air. Read it and try some of sleep apnea treatments that don't involve using a CPAP or anything similar or even medications.

Sleep apnea is dangerous. Please refer to this guide and let me know if it helps you out!!

http://e176agrj-4qu3r4fyjrnq4av15.hop.clickbank.ne... is the direct link to the guide

What you need to do is go down to your local health department and see if they can get you set up with some temporary insurance. But it does sound like sleep apnea and i was diagnosed when i was in the hospital. I had no sleep study or anything but if you walk in and mention sleep apnea then they probably would do a sleep study and then if it is that they will hook you up with a CPAP machine. My daughter is on a half face mask and it works great for her and she sleeps well ( she was diagnosed threw a sleep study ). She use to wake up gasping for air and could only sleep sitting up. She was not overweight though but still had sleep apnea. Also you might want to get a EEG done.

You are welcome and good luck. But the health department should be able to help you out with insurance so you can see all the doctors you need and anything you need they pay for it. I have a friend who got all her medications and asthma inhaler etc paid for by the health department.

i do as well,i am overweight and had a stroke 6 months ago,but i sleep really well,its frightening when it happens i jump out of bed gasping for air

You are suffering from anxiety, You are advised to consult a Pranic Healer for your treatment, for more details please mail your photograph for aura scanning to : abhaykumarjohari@yahoo.co.in ( Pranic Healer )

Source(s): www.pranichealing.org

please go see a doctor. This is sleep apnea. You need to be treated ASAP.

High anxiety it sound like.

Try Valerian Root Extract.

Over the counter Walmart

Please rate