Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceEconomics · 1 decade ago

is desire is the root cause of corruption?explain.?

causes of desires

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Desire, as defined by a dictionary, means "a longing or craving, as for something that brings satisfaction or enjoyment."

Corruption, also as defined by a dictionary, means "perversion of integrity."

So I think it's fair to assume that most everyone has SOME sort of moral integrity be it a wide and generous range or small and narrow. But as soon as a person has a desire or a craving for something, this moral integrity becomes skewed or corrupt. People by nature always want more. Why do the richest men in the world still need more money? They could live in such comfort with only .01% of their money, yet they choose to keep making more money. What good does it serve them? It serves them absolutely no good at all. However, they still receive satisfaction and enjoyment from making such large amounts of money. Any other person would say that their view on money has been corrupted. That's just one small example, and there are countless other examples such as those relating to the nine circles of hell: lust, gluttony, greed, wrath, heresy, violence, fraud, and betrayal. These are all inherent flaws in human nature, and leave humans' moral integrities susceptible to becoming perversed.

So in short, I believe if you replace "desire" and "corruption" in your question with the two definitions I provided above, you'll have an answer.

"A longing or craving, as for something that brings satisfaction or enjoyment" is the root cause of "perversion of integrity."

• SDD
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

No. Bad behavior is. Everyone has desire. Most people do not act corruptly. You might as well say that breathing is the root of corruption.

• 1 decade ago

In a way-Yes- desire for more money,power,fame....greed,hubris-call it what you want. It's been a driving force since Kane and Abel.

• 1 decade ago

I think it is a disease in the liver are difficult to explain

Source(s): corruption watch
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.