promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Do you think this is a good idea for a story?

Michel is an Irish quite, book smart introvert who prefers to keep to himself after a being bullied all the way along Primary school. The bullying itself has mostly stopped, but he still feels timid as a result. One day, he starts to notice men in immaculate suits eying him, and feels frightened. He stays inside even more as a result.

One day, his Dad makes him walk the family dog, which Michel hates. As he is out walking, some of his old bullies and their older brothers grab him and drag him to the Tea House, the ruin of a small building constructed by the riverside a hundred years ago for the women of the nearby manner. Once there, one of the bullies transforms into a large black dog before his very eyes. Then, the gang of kids start to attack Michel, forcing him to transform himself: into a cat.

Michel quickly shifts back and wonders what the hell is going on. Shean, the bully who transformed into a dog, explains that this is a ritual to join "The Pack". There are five steps, and they are now on the third: which involves Michel's blood. As one of them pulls a penknife on him, Michel goes into the first fight of his life, beating back three of them before fleeing back home.

Though he is chased most of the way, the bullies stop when he reaches his house. Michel, terrified and confused, tells no one, and goes into a troubled sleep. It's Saturday when he gets up, and his parents take him and his brothers to Dublin City via the train.

The Train is hi-jacked by men in suits with guns, who try to kidnap Michel. Michel's father attacks and incapacitates one of them, but is shot in the head. The men shoot Michel in the chest before one of them takes a phone call. He informs the others that their "Superior" told them to just let the boy burn.

They strap explosives to all the carriages as the train rides over a bridge, with water below. The men in suits leap out the doors into the water, one of them detonates the explosives on his way down. Michel is engulfed in flame.

He wakes up while later in a hospital in South Washington. A young nurse tenderly tells him that his parents died in the blast, and that he is the near sole survive of the crash. At this moment his Aunt crashes in, an Aunt who Michel had heard about but never met. She is formally adopting him, as he has no other family to go to.

The day he moves into his new home, his cousins and their friends ask him if he wants to hang out by the river with them. Michel decides that because he wasn't really happy with the life he had back in Ireland, he'll try to be around people more, and try to make friends. He goes down with them.

Michel is still edgy and quite, anxious about what the kids will think of him. The kids seem anxious too, as if they have something to tell him. Suddenly, they are attacked by men in suits, and a battle ensues. The kids hold their own against the men, both sides showing themselves to be unnaturally skilled at fighting. The kids all transform into animals, and manage to chase the men off.

They tell a bewildered Michel that they are Shape-shifters; people with the power to transform into the animal they are most like. They are hunted by the men in suits, "The Hunters" and "The Magis" (the latter of whom does not exist in America). They tell him that there are packs like theirs all over the world, just kids who have to take on this huge risk and power. It's hereditary, so some of the adults in the town know about it.

They tell Michel that he is one of them, and that they are going to have him join their pack. They start to tell him about the ritual, when he explains what happened with his bullies (whilst leaving out the fact that they were his bullies) and how they did the first two steps.

The leader of the pack, Gary, tells him that while he can't do those two, it is the last that is about joining the pack, the first two are just introducing the world of Shape shifters to the new recruits.

I'm afraid of running out of space, but if any one's interested, I'll create a new question and link it. So, do yo think this is a good idea for a story? Or Not...

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

It's alright, but it kinda seems similar to the story of the werewolves from the Twilight saga, and Jacob's self confusion, struggling to accept the reality of him finding out he's one them himself...

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Joann
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I agree with two other answers to find some inspiration and write about what you like or look in magazines/papers for inspiration. The first stories people often write are about something that has happened to them or someone they know. You could write about a current issue, the credit crunch, and how a family start to lose their wealth through job loss and investments. It could be emotional and dramatic with perhaps the perspective taken from a teenage persons view point.

• 1 decade ago

I like it a lot! There are a lot of stories about shape-shifters but you definitely added your own spin to it.

If you write it I would love to read it!

• Tear G
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

It's a little...odd, but I guess it would be worth reading. Not the kind of book I would seek out unless bored though.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

yes this is a good idea for story. It is interesting and i can see myself read something like this. Keep writing!

• 1 decade ago

I think its interesting. It would make a good story.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

That was too much for me to read

• 1 decade ago

yea

• 1 decade ago

i dont like it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.