Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBoxing · 1 decade ago

boxing vrs mma??? which is better?

im a huge mma fan... im a fan of miguell torres (mma) jose aldo (mma)

bj penn (mma) diego sanchez (mma) ect....

the boxing fans like ali, pacman, mayweather ect...

so which is better? none are better if you ask me..whatch whatever you like whatch both who cares.. boxing makes wayyyy more money (its been around longer of course) but other than that ppl keep on debating.. whell what do you make of the james toney vrs randy couture fight (mma fight). the way i look at it is mma is ALL fighting styles you must learn to be succsesfull. james toney is a master of boxing thats alls he done his whole life, of course he or any pro boxer is the best in the hands department over an mma fighter... BUT this issent a boxing match, this is a mixture of muey thai,boxing,kickboxing,karate,tai kwon do,judo,bjj,wrestling, sprawling, PLUS youre cardo strenghth endurence ect...heres my prediction...

james toney or any boxer will get killed in a mma fight (real fighting) as would a mma fighter in a boxing ring...there are two differ sports. this issent gonna solve anything between the two side...randy couture is gonna use all the skillz toney weaknessis is at and the boxers will say randys a pussie for not "boxing" with toney in a mma fight.. lol... this wont solve anything between mma fans and boxing fans at all...

Favorite Answer

i prefer two guys standing up and punching each other

than two guys laying on the floor

boxing (more exiting)

In boxing it's particularly rough to prevail, there are enormous quantities of boxers in the market that under no circumstances flip PRO, and feature boxed seeing that they have been 6 years of age. Realistically you might be a high-quality boxer and nonetheless be exceptional. Some flip to MMA given that a well striker has a bigger threat and base ability to participate in good in MMA. In MMA, it’s nearly the opposite direction round, consider me whilst I say that they're nonetheless ridiculously expert, however MMA remains to be being born and is the quickest developing game on the planet. to achieve MMA you want a well supervisor and also you ought to be inclined to take the fights that no person wishes. This could under no circumstances occur in Boxing with the rating procedures. MMA does have a rating method however actually a brand new face might be most sensible puppy after five/6 fights, it’s now not such a lot the way you battle, it’s who you battle and beat. Look at Brock Lesner, good enough he was once popular earlier than hand and that definitely helped him into the UFC, he's a global elegance wrestler, however MMA and wrestling are very distinctive. So any individual with most effective two years MMA coaching turns into World Champion after four/five fights, what number of boxers have you learnt who've had that many fights and come to be the champion?

I'm starting to like MMA Better, Boxing is too corrupt, MMA is more popular, safer, more entertaining on average, and generally is on the rise, an I absoulety believe will detrone boxing as the #1 fight sports, and sooon steal its capacity to make money, rasing mma purse up

they are two complete different sports really, to me its like comparing rugby to footy. in my opinion i prefer to watch boxing but lately i have been drawn to mma as most of my mate do it. but when you ask an average person about what they like like about mma, its always the stand up/boxing side to it and hate to see the grappling, like me i prefer to watch them stood up fighting and not rolling about.

the perfect sport for me would be boxing without the gloves haha

I still like boxing, but not coward like floyd mayweather jr.

mma IS BETTER ANY BOXER WILL GET DESTROYED IN MMA. it is more fun to watch for me, more entertaining and I would prefer to do that sport than boxing, boxing is 1 dementional

action wise

mma

business aspect wise as far as making fights happen

mma

technical abiltiy

mma

my favorite to watch or do

boxing

im sorry guys boxing is really starting to piss me off

ask james toney...