Does dancing help overcome shyness?

I’m a shy 24 year old guy and always have been shy all my life. I’ve decided to go for Latin and ballroom dance lessons because I heard it helps you gain confidence. I’ve been going for 2 months and am still learning, but even though I’m starting to be a tad more comfortable dancing with girls, I still feel shy.... show more I’m a shy 24 year old guy and always have been shy all my life. I’ve decided to go for Latin and ballroom dance lessons because I heard it helps you gain confidence. I’ve been going for 2 months and am still learning, but even though I’m starting to be a tad more comfortable dancing with girls, I still feel shy. Maybe it just takes time, I don’t know.

For those that go for Latin/Ballroom dance lessons, did dancing help you overcome your shyness? If so, how long did it take before you finally started opening up?