Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 10 years ago

Would like to get bigger..fairly skinny?

Ok so I would like to get bigger but not fat, I want muscles bigger and toned, I'm 17 I'm 6'6 and I weigh 177LBS. I'm not sure if I can gain weight or not but when I was younger I was fat like I was 230~LBS around age 13..but I lost a lot of weight and now I'm fairly skinny but still have a lot of stretchy skin left over, what I'm asking is what should I do to gain muscle to fillup this skin, I usually don't eat that much I peak maybe at most 2000 calories a day and I regularly exercise and workout everyday at home I have a bench press and dumbbells, barbell, resistance bands etc and I know workouts pretty well but it isn't benefiting me that much, I'm thinking it's somewhere in my diet, maybe because I'm scared I'll get fat again if I eat more? I also have a tub of whey protein I rarely drink..my goal is 190-200 lbs so about 15-20 pounds of muscle gain..if someone has any suggestions for me other then 'just workout and eat retard' I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

Stefan, consider the advice of my bodybuilder friends and focus on legs. Legs are your foundation, and they contain the largest muscle groups in your body. Training them releases more test and growth hormone than training your torso or arms. You should find the following clinical/scientific evidence useful for informing your supplementation and training. Good luck and grow huge!

TOP 3 CLINICALLY EFFECTIVE SUPPLEMENTS FOR MALE MUSCLE ANABOLISM

1) 3g GABA post-workout - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18091016 - 3g GABA quadruples growth hormone levels.

2) Creatine solution during resistance training - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18708688 - Creatine supplementation during resistance training increases intramuscular IGF-1 independent of dietary routine.

3) 1g calcium carbonate daily - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15755856 - We conclude that calcium carbonate supplementation of adolescent boys increased skeletal growth, resulting in greater stature, bone mineral acquisition and lean body mass.

TOP TEN TIPS FOR LEAN MUSCLE GAIN

1) Take 3g of GABA at least once per day. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18091016 - 3g GABA QUADRUPLES growth hormone levels!

2) Post-Training Meditation - http://www.ergo-log.com/meditationhormones.html

3) Have lean protein for breakfast: eggs, steak, yogurt and/or a protein shake

4) Stock low-fat, low-carb, protein rich foods and snacks such as yogurt, milk, hard-boiled eggs, lean marinated chicken breasts and unprocessed, unsalted nuts - make your own lean & clean trail mix with almonds, cashews, pecans, walnuts, dried fruits and yogurt or dark chocolate. Don't let your baseline blood sugar trough while you're recovering from workouts; keep feeding the furnace with protein at least once every two hours.

5) Avoid drinking any form of cola, at all. It inhibits protein synthesis, which means you won't grow much muscle while drinking it. http://www.ergo-log.com/milkcola.html Drink milk and fresh-brewed green tea instead of colas, soft drinks or alcohol. "Improved endurance capacity following chocolate milk consumption compared with 2 commercially available sport drinks."

6) Use a twice-daily combinatorial protein and ALA supplement offset from workout times (i.e., morning and night) but drink creatine solution during resistance training

7) Take quercetin to reduce post-workout inflammation and boost mitochondrial biogenesis: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quercetin

8) Learn the basics of training if you haven't already—http://exercise.about.com/cs/exerciseworkouts/a/we... learn how high-quality rest is at least as important as exercise for anabolism

9) Use clinically proven, evidence-based weightlifting techniques including muscle confusion, eccentric loading and optimal intensity for maximum ROI. Concentrate especially on "the big three": squats, deadlifts and bench press, for maximum returns for effort.

10) Keep up-to-date about muscle and fitness by bookmarking the best, most objective online sources (PUBMED, etc.) and mix in alternatives such as hemp protein, vibrational and TENS/EMS techniques ( http://www.medword.com/MedwordStore/PCP/EMS_truth.... ) from time to time to see whether you get good results

LEG TRAINING TIPS

1) Work out your legs twice per week: i.e., have two leg days.

2) On the first leg day, hit them hard with the following: squats (Smith machine is ok, though a barbell balanced on your shoulders over a rack that can catch it if it falls is ideal) 3 sets of 10, deadlifts (don't hurt your back by bending at your waist; instead, do deadlifts squat style, by bending your knees and hips) 3 sets of 10, and leg press 4 sets of 10. Follow these with two different types of calf exercise, 3 sets of 15-20 each, where you squeeze at the top of the motion and slowly relax during the eccentric phase over several seconds. Take your time on calves, or they won't respond. Finish up with leg extensions 3 sets of 10 and leg curls 3 sets of 10.

3) Rest for a full 72 hours after your first leg day. I.e., no cardio and no weights involving your legs. It's a good idea to take a full day or two off any kind of physical activity after this hard leg day, to avoid overtraining and catabolism.

4) On your second leg day, do plyometrics or jump training involving burst movements. Google plyometrics if you're uncertain here, and watch some videos, or check out the plyometrics session(s) of P90X. Follow this with two different types of calf exercise as before, and then some stretching.

5) Don't run or jog much, if at all. Instead, walk 1-2 miles 2x per week for light cardio, and also mix in circuit training techniques during your torso weight training days.

6) Check out http://www.bodybuilders.com and see what works best for teen bodybuilders with awesome-looking legs.

Firstly, you are going to need to start a lifting regiment. A set lifting regime. I use a 3 cycle for lifting, it goes like this:

Monday- Chest and triceps

Tuesday- Shoulders and biceps

Wednesday- Legs and back

Then you take a day or two off and restart the cycle.

Drinking a whey isolate protein shake after lifting will help build mass but also there are other options.

You could try a mass builder shake, these work fairly well, better than a whey protein shake alone.

When you turn 18 you could also go a different route. You could try Animal Stak. Animal stak is a testostorone booster, these are safe and legal. Animal stak will help you build lean hard muslce fairly quickly. Also, you could try 1-andro sterone (made by advanced muscle science). This is a pretty strong test (testostorone) booster. But I have used it. I gained 10 lbs of muscle and a lot of mass in 30 days. However, with 1-andro sterone, you must take a PCT (post cycle therapy). This cleans out your system and brings your test levels back down to normal.

However, using a test booster is your best bet to gain lean hard muscle, You will increase in mass quickly, and the muscle will not atrophy (begin to disappear) after you are done using the test booster. However, you will need to keep lifting reguarly to keep the muslce. Just check it out! Hope I helped! Good luck!

Source(s): amteur flyweight MMA fighter, wrestler, weight lifter

I am 6'5" and I used to weigh 175, I've been working out for year now and I'm around 200 lbs. It's good that you already don't eat excessively. Just make sure you are getting enough nutrients. If you want to build muscle you should start drinking your protein after working out as well.

To get bigger I would recommend:

1. Work out at least 4 days a week for about an hour.

2. Work different muscle groups.

4. Increase the weight gradually every week or two.

Plan

MWF:Military press, shoulder raises, pull-ups, skull crushers, dips.

TR: Bench, Incline press, Close grip bench( with elbows in), bicep curls.

It is important to work your arm and shoulder muscles as well as your chest because they all work together. I would recommend doing at least 3 sets of these exercises doing as much weight as you can do and still do 6-8 reps. For pull-ups and dips just do as many as you can.

I have gotten much bigger in the last year, and you seem to be about the same size as me so it is possible! Good luck!

Jogging around the neighborhood in the morning or at night works. I do that myself. I would also suggest trying new sports, if you get into soccer, it builds your leg muscles.

Try getting a partner who is in the same situation as you. If not, then oh well. I would say get your partner and yourself to join a gym and take a few workout classes and do exercises together. Partners are good for medicine ball sit ups or whatever you call them, and they're also good for reliability to check and see if you've been pumping iron.

Overeating or eating junk is just bad. Fat or skinny, it's bad. Don't do it, or you'll look 13 again. Eating a healthy diet is all you need and eating doesn't play a large roll in you gaining muscle.

Hope this helped!

Source(s): Me

I hate to say it but working out at home is not a very good workout. First because you probably arent trained to know which muscle groups to work at certain times. If you really want to bulk up, drink supplements and work out EVERYTHING, but not too much. Like chest and back one day, then shoulders and arms one day, then legs and back one day, you have to alternate muscle groups. But if you want to get really cut, then I suggest losing 30 lbs by doing mostly cardio, and THEN workout muscles. And remember the most important rule, your muscles begin in the kitchen, not the gym. If you dont eat right, you wont get results!

You can lose weight if you use right method. I tried many method, but could not lose weight. I found the best method that works very well for anyone. I lost my weight easy using this weight loss method. You must have look right info that works. I lost 18 pounds after 8 weeks with this weight loss method. I highly recommend you. You can find more info from link below.

Curvy

Going on a weight loss diet while breastfeeding is not recommended, as you may not be consuming enough nutrients to meet your requirements. If you are losing more than 2.5 kg per month after the first month then you may be eating too little.

Source(s): No

google bodybuilding and check out youtube vids.