Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

What is Obama cooking up now with the new health food czar?

Update:

Sam Kass..

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Bill
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Quick! Run! Here comes the new fat czar with a tape measure!

First, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius has decreed that a new federal database, mandated by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, must include every American's BMI, or Body Mass Index, as part of an all-encompassing EHR, or Electronic Health Record. Vladimir Lenin in his prime couldn't have thought this up, but here we are a century later, in the Land of the Free, not just subjecting ourselves to this encroachment on our individual liberty but cheerfully voting to pay for it.

BMI is the relative percentage of fat and muscle mass divided by height, and it is used as an indicator of obesity. Experts dispute its accuracy but, don't tell the federal government, because after 234 years of not giving a hoot, said government now has discovered a compelling and overriding need to add your BMI to its commodious collection of statistics. Don't want it in there? Too bad. Doctors who don't comply will have their Medicare and Medicaid payments cut, which eventually could put them out of business.

This is the latest assault on the real right to privacy - What happened to a simpler era when the purpose of government was to protect us from foreign invaders, rather than tell us what to eat and how many inches of our middles Secretary Sebelius has to pinch before we are in trouble.

In the other news, the current occupiers of the White House have upgraded the title of their personal cook, Sam Kass, from "food initiative coordinator" to "senior policy adviser for health food initiatives." Ostensibly hired as a nutrition-conscious chef to make the Obama daughters eat their vegetables, Kass is actually a graduate of the University of Chicago with a degree in American history and shares many social acquaintances with the Obamas, including senior adviser Valerie Jarrett and Education Secretary Arne Duncan.

"Kass has definitely learned the ways of Washington. He is generally tight-lipped and careful to frame what he says in terms of Obama's vision," Politico.com reports.

http://www.politico.com/click/stories/0910/sam_kas...

Kass, who works with Jocelyn Frye, domestic policy adviser to Michelle Obama, doesn't seem exactly sure of what a "senior policy adviser for health food initiatives" is supposed to do to merit that undoubtedly healthy – salary. "It's been a challenge to figure out my position," he admits.

Michelle Obama's efforts to insert government between your fork and your mouth will lead to a federal Department of Food someday. Why does an unelected first lady need a "domestic policy adviser," much less a "senior policy adviser for health food initiatives"? Who is this history major/veggie cook from the lefty university, really? Will he stay in the kitchen or soon emerge as our first national fat czar? Why is the Obama administration so intent on obtaining the BMI numbers of millions of Americans, most of whom are independently – or through their private insurance companies – paying their own medical bills? What does it plan to do with this information once it is obtained?

So put your database away, Mr. President. If my headache gets bad enough I'll just go to the doctor and it won't be your problem. No, wait – in a single-payer system I won't be able to do that, either. Well, I mean … I'll fill out the applicable forms and ask if I may put my name on a waiting list … if I meet the qualifications. o_O

• ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

a million) All wellness care is rationed. It could be paid for and there is not an endless furnish for unfastened. Thats why we've markets - in truth they are rationing mechanisms. those with adequate money get the sturdy or provider, others do not. 2) for many products & centers (BMWs, Plasma TVs, Haircuts and so on) markets are the terrific, premier rationing mechanism available. For different products & centers (nationwide Defence, regulation Enforcement, education) they don't seem to be the terrific rationing mechanism available. 3)Any centers like regulation enforcement and defence are going to contain "wealth flow", thats what taxation in truth does. If we'd like functioning civil and militia establishments, we've not got any decision yet to settle for a undeniable quantity, in any different case we'd finally end up like Somalia, Mexico or Haiti. The question comes all the way down to whether healthcare is a basically inner maximum sturdy (like a automobile) or wheter it greater effectively offered as a public sturdy (like regulation enforcement). the U. S. spends greater according to person on healthcare than the different usa on the earth yet continuously fails to realize the terrific wellness outcomes of any usa on the earth (in terms of existence expectancy, form of healthy years, deaths simply by scientific blunders and so on). needless to say something is inaccurate someplace, and it could be rationally argued that unfastened markets at the instant are not the terrific healthcare distribution & rationing mechanism available.

• 4 years ago

a million) All wellness care is rationed. It could be paid for and there is no longer an limitless furnish for loose. Thats why we've markets - in truth they're rationing mechanisms. those with sufficient money get the stable or provider, others do no longer. 2) for many products & centers (BMWs, Plasma TVs, Haircuts and so on) markets are the perfect, maximum efficient rationing mechanism obtainable. For different products & centers (nationwide Defence, regulation Enforcement, instruction) they are no longer the perfect rationing mechanism obtainable. 3)Any centers like regulation enforcement and defence are going to contain "wealth flow", thats what taxation in truth does. If we desire functioning civil and protection stress establishments, we have no selection yet to settle for a definite quantity, in any different case we would finally end up like Somalia, Mexico or Haiti. The question comes right down to in spite of if healthcare is a only deepest stable (like a motor vehicle) or wheter it greater effectively offered as a public stable (like regulation enforcement). the US spends greater consistent with guy or woman on healthcare than the different us of a on earth yet continuously fails to realize the perfect wellness results of any us of a on earth (in terms of lifestyles expectancy, sort of healthy years, deaths simply by scientific errors and so on). needless to say some thing is inaccurate someplace, and it must be rationally argued that loose markets are no longer the perfect healthcare distribution & rationing mechanism obtainable.

• 1 decade ago

This is just more government intrusion into our lives. Now that we have government run health care we need a food czar to tell us what we can and cannot eat. This is only the beginning.

I like - homeschool's answer

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 0bama promises all things to all people. The only fair way to judge him is by the outcome of his actions.

So far, judging by the outcome of his actions this is his agenda

Spend the USA into bankruptcy

Tax the USA into slavery

Maintain political power no matter who it hurts.

Divide the country into easily intimidated factions.

Remove traditional Christian values from government, and replace it with immorality

Let Islamic terrorists romp in the ruins.

So, going from his agenda we must assume it will:

1) - Increase taxes

2) - cost a fortune,

3) - Blackmail the poor into voting for Democrats.

4) - Give free food to some and make others pay for it with higher grocery prices

6) - Make people now working in fast food establishments lose their jobs.

7) - promote more animosity between the new poor and those who have to pay.

8) - Increase envy,

This will all happen under the disguise of making people eat more healthy.

• 1 decade ago

Why are you calling obama a czar while at the same time calling him a marxist, seeing as one is far left, and the other is right in the fact they were a monarchy.

• 1 decade ago

I'm hoping this health food czar is here to replace food stamps with actual food itself so the system can't be abused and that those that are living on the system will be required to not blow it on bad choices.

My guess is that this isn't what he is going to do.

• bob
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Not a thing. He appointed his chef to a new position and the silly right wing propaganda machine attached the "czar" label to him since they think it is fun to do that. It gets their mentally-slow base all worked up and gets them ratings. That is the only thing this silly story is about. The right wing being disingenuous and dishonest -- again!

• 1 decade ago

Health??

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Forcing fat America to stop eating grease by the bucket full in order to not overload Obamacare. The bible warned about all this. Get ready.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.