Bored asked in Science & MathematicsPhysics · 1 decade ago

Physics Question. Pls help me out.?

3) PHYSICS Short Answer Consider a planet where g equals 5.0 meters per second squared. Ignoring friction, if an object started from rest, how far would it fall vertically off a cliff in 4.0 seconds, giving your answer in standard SI units?

ANSWER: 40 METERS (must give units)

(Solution: d = ½ × at2 = ½ × 5× 42 = 40 meters)

Pls explain to me how this works. BTW i am an eight grader and dont kno anything about this stuff yet.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Swamy
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

d = ut + 1/2 a t^2 where u is the initial velocity and a the acceleration. in our case u is zero and a = 5 m/s^2

d = 5/2 x 4 x 4 = 80 / 2 = 40 m

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

If you don't know anything about this, how do you expect to understand the answer?

Your answer has the formula as well as the arithmetic. There is nothing to add. Except your arithmetic is faulty.

d = ½ at² = ½ × 5 x 4² = ½ × 5 x 16 = 40 m

• murrah
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Sound wave is talked approximately as longitudinal wave because of the fact it travels longitudinally interior the direction to the propagation of the wave.it particularly is a mechanical wave. to offer sound wave there desires a disturbance. such as you spot the waves interior the river or interior the sea it particularly is by using the air flowing at its floor or because of the indoors disturbance.with the objective to declare, while there's a reason there is an consequence. right here Air or inner disturbance is the reason and the consequence is the wave.further once you strike, case in point, strike a metallic pie at its one end and you hear the sound at its different end very certainly.The vacationing mode of those waves are longitudinal.To make nevertheless extra, take a bite of wood of which the mid component to it particularly is vertically slit.bypass an prolonged piece of thread with the aid of this slit.carry the only end of the string and the different end additionally some physique to hold it. Now get somebody to hold the slit- wood vertically.The string should be particularly taut .Now the two of one of who's protecting the string can circulate his hand up & down so as that the string(Thread) starts moving up and down.Now you will see the vibration of the string with waves vacationing contained in direction of the slit longitudinally.comparable is the case with sound wave. i think of the occasion makes you sparkling how does sound wave propagate.thank you on your question.observe: Sound desires medium to shuttle.It can't shuttle in vacuum.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.