I'm from Scotland going on holiday to the USA, whats the best wild west state?

That's the kind of state I want to visit, not New York or Los Angeles, the wild west... with mountains, Indians and cowboys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hYV-JSjpyU

I know Los Angeles is a city, I never said it was a state.

Favorite Answer

Colorado is great.

But whatever you do, don't go to Arizona. They're on the lookout for foreigners, and you could be arrested and detained by the police.

• meg

There is no place like what is shown in western movies now, and there never really was. Most people from Europe are most impressed by the deserts and mountain scenery of the west. Yellowstone park then south though the arches park in Utah to the grand canyon on the Arizona border. If you fly into Denver and rent a car, you can make a circle and you will see Sioux Indians and Buffalo herds in south Dakota and then more Indian reservations in New Mexico, as well as the mountains in Colorado.

The thing that surprises most people is how empty much of the west is. There is only 500,000 people who live in Wyoming and 700,000 in South Dakota but the roads are still very good, much better than in Scotland. Check out Google maps to plan your trip, most places you can see using the street view.

• There is no "wild west" I've lived in Arizona, Utah, and Colorado. The people are as tame as anywhere else. The cowboys all drive big trucks and are wary of strangers and the indians sit on their reservations getting drunk while running their casinos.

The only thing wild is the environment. If you want to experience the wild west it will take a few weeks. Utah and Arizona are still wide open with mountains and deserts. The northwest corner of Wyoming (Yellowstone area) is very nice and western Colorado is beautiful.

The only true "wild" place in the west is Las Vegas. There are some nights there I'll never forget (or remember).

There's no such thing as the wild west anymore. You're about 150 years too late. Yes, there are cowboys, but they do real work like herding cows and sheep and they're in redneck states you wouldn't want to visit.

California is your best bet. San Francisco, Santa Cruz, Monterey, Big Sur, Santa Barbara, Los Angeles, Long Beach (where the original Queen Mary is docked) is a day in itself and then San Diego. There's more to see and do here, than anywhere else in this country. NYC, and Chicago will be real treats as well. My advise is stay away from the unpopulated "wild west". You'll be very disappointed.

• Steve

Keep in mind that Los Angeles isn't a state, it's a city in the state of California.

Also, New York is the name of both a state and a city. The city of New York is one small part of the state of New York.

To answer your question, Utah, Wyoming, or Colorado come to mind.

O K cowboy try the southwest New Mexico ,Texas Nevada I think y'all love a little old cowboy town called Virginia city Nevada When y'all coming this time of the year it is over 100 F

I've tipped a few with you guys if y'all going to do some heavy drinking best carry notes like ''how do y'all get back to XYZ hotel ''God love ya but after a few drinks I could not understand one word Enjoy and welcome

It's ''y'all take care ya hear'' no need to add mate to it Have a nice day well be met with ''I'll have what ever kind of day I damn well please Yankee''

Look up Highway 50 from Carson city Nevada to Moab Utah called the loneliest highway in America y'all can drive for hours and not see a house or car be sure to stop in all the small cities and have a cold one and don't be fearful of talking to some old timer with dryer lint on his chin he can tell you stories for hours

• Connie

There's many I'm sure...that I still want to see. From experience, Arizona was unbelievable! !! Spent a couple of weeks there...Grand Canyon, Sedona..with beautiful red rock, Painted Desert & Petrified Forest, Old Tucson park, Kartchner Caverns, Sunset Crater, Oak Creek, & tons of other Parks & pretty places I haven't seen....an amazing state!!!!!!!!

Arizona and yes Wyoming would be good too or Utah.

You have to see the Grand Canyon.

• There is no wild west anymore. All just strip malls and burger kings. That wild west died over a hundred years ago.

Wyoming and Montana, have to go to Yellowstone or just drive the national forests in Montana

Source(s): Why am I not surprised some whiney bitch would say that Arizona is stopping people just to check their papers?
  • Wyoming.