Are airplanes really safe?

i know i sound a little paranoid but in november, my boyfriend and his two sisters are flying to wyoming from new york to go visit their brother, and then driving back with him. i know novembers still a long way away, but im just so nervous about him being on a plane. ive never been on one before, and they terrify me. so in all reality, are airplanes actually pretty safe?

Favorite Answer

Airplanes are the safest form of transportation. Not even kidding.

You have more of a chance to get into a car accident than to be in a plane crash.

Planes are definitely safe.

I go on a plane at least once or twice a year and I have never had a problem. Of course there is turbulance but I am one of those people that actually likes it.

If there is a real problem, their captain will tell them and if it is unsafe to fly they will postpone the flight. If they are in the air and they can't continue flying they will attempt to land in the nearest possible place.

I'm sure your boyfriend and his two sisters will be fine. Try not to worry too much:)

• yetta

im particularly specific you have a greater hazard of being hit via in basic terms somewhat hail that's formed like a spear than crashing. protection is what maximum folk hate. you be nice, in basic terms attempt to sleep on an identical time as you on the airplane. and positively ( i shouldn't even say this) yet while your airplane replaced into going to crash, they could installation the oxygen mask, you will get particularly plenty extreme and chilled out and you does no longer sense a ingredient till now you wrecked. this could be a enormous IF! which it wont besides so, do no longer hassle approximately it. i do in comparison to planes the two, or long motor vehicle rides. Your hazard of being in an twist of destiny on any of the U. S. airways is a few million in 30 million. you have extra desirable than 10 cases extra desirable hazard of being struck and killed via lightning. you have extra desirable than 10,000 cases extra desirable hazard of being killed in a motor vehicle twist of destiny. in certainty, you need to fly all day on a daily basis for 4 hundred years without considerable hazard of being in an airplane twist of destiny. you will probable never even in my view understand somebody who's in one. in assessment, you have a ninety 9% hazard of understanding somebody on your existence who would be killed in a motor vehicle twist of destiny. think of roughly as you rigidity to the airport. Your worry approximately planes is surely irrational and unfounded.

Safer than cars!

Source(s): Google

They're safer than cars, statistically.