Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicOther - Music · 10 years ago

Do you like Bluegrass music ?

I dont know much of it but i loved all of the songs in the film "O brother where art thou"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O_Brother,_Where_Art_...

Favorite Answer

I am from Appalachia, specifically Eastern Kentucky, so of course I like Bluegrass, as long as they don't sing. I'll link my favorites

#1 Dueling Banjos from the film "Deliverance"

(Bear with it, it gets awesome)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tqxzWdKKu8

Youtube thumbnail

#2 Foggy Mountain Breakdown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APl9fRFmdC0

Youtube thumbnail

• Gloria

Will the Circle Be Unbroken is one of the finest bluegrass albums ever made Will the Circle Be Unbroken is a 1972 album officially by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, but with collaboration from many famous Bluegrass and country-western players, including Roy Acuff, Mother Maybelle Carter, Doc Watson, Earl Scruggs, Merle Travis, Bashful Brother Oswald, Norman Blake, Jimmy Martin, and others. It also introduced fiddler Vassar Clements to a wider audience.

Love Bluegrass Music , It goes with my love of Classic Country Music

Bill Monroe , Footsteps in the Snow

Old Mountain Blues , Grandpa Jones

False Hearted Lovers Blues , Ralph Stanley

Don't get above your Raising ., Earl Scruggs / Lester Flatt

Source(s): My Collection , ( Old )
  • I grew up with Bluegrass music. I loved that movie and I have the soundtrack. Alison Krauss and Union Station did several of the tunes on there and they are fantastic. I also have CD's by Bill Monroe, Flatt and Scruggs, Ralph Stanley, Ricky Skaggs and The Clinch Mountain Boys.

There was a tv show later featuring the songs and artists from that film with John Hartford as the MC. It was called "Down from the Mountain" and is also on Wikipedia. A few of the numbers are on youtube.

Yes... in relatively small doses. I love that soundtrack, too... and along with a couple Alison Krause and Union Station CDs, are the only bluegrass I own.

bluegrass is good. and that movie is awesome. but yea i dont know many old bluegrass singers but one of my favorite bands around today are called Old Crow Medicine Show. Im telling you bluegrass at its finest.

Ironically i HATE popular country (toby keith brad paisly and all those talentless hacks) but i like johnny cash and such and bluegrass is just more genuine and instrumental.

as a matter of fact i do. People may be surprised by that fact. I have a Christmas cd of bluegrass music.

I did like the songs from that movie Abby.