Sheree
Lv 6
Sheree asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 decade ago

Why do you think that men find it harder to admit abuse at the hands of a woman?

Obviously this doesn't include all men who suffer at the hands of a woman. I think it's because they feel it's emasculating, and often ashamed that they have let this happen, or because they believe that there's no wrong in it, as well as a state of denial. I think that if it's wrong for a man to hit a woman then it's wrong for a woman to hit a man. The countless times in film, soaps etc that a woman has thrown objects at the man, and yet it still hasn't been pointed out that this is abuse too. What do you think?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Sadly there are a lack of resources for these men to go to. People have trouble believing that women are capable of abusing men because of the whole men being stronger than women deal. It is a myth however because some women out here are just plain vicious.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I agree with your points fully.

Sadly, feminism has misused chivalry to enforce gender stereotypes to extremes. While a man was once allowed to defend himself from a vicious attack by his wife, he is now imprisoned. Women are literally allowed to murder husbands and children IF she can convince the Judge that it was a man's fault - somehow.

I am what you may call a DV 'survivor'. My ex was very hostile and between herself and her mother, drove me suicidal more than once during our time together... Why that option? Because, feminism has faked statistics and lied endlessly to ensure that ONLY women get help. We did have the police turn up one time... I had a black eye and various scratches. By the time I'd come back out of the bathroom, they'd vanished. The cops could not careless about male victims because feminists continually pretend that only female victims should be cared for.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yeah ok Wicked Faerie...so even when women abuse men, it's STILL men's fault huh?

This is a great justification for not giving a damn about abused men and relieving responsibility from women for being abusers.

It's just a double standard...what men and women expect from men, but not from women...stay quiet, be strong, handle the situation.

But of course, popular thinking is that double standards are only inflicted on women.

• 4 years ago

i think of it particularly is an exceptionally stable factor. I constantly experience like the strange-ball as quickly as I safeguard men, fairly against the "women persons's rights" variety. i think of it particularly is sexism, and a refusal to work out how lots men are additionally sufferers of the equipment and in society at great. Many men are hesitant and ashamed to talk with regard to the abuse they undergo because of the triumphing stereo-varieties. i detect it unjust and vicious. people who say they are into "human" rights are particularly basically attracted to justifying their very own plight and don't likely see how abuse is re-created in the direction of all persons. It takes a great type of braveness for a guy to return forward and face discrimination and outright disbelief by government and it particularly is because of the fact of folk entrenched in what they have been taught. as quickly as returned, the eduacational equipment entrenching it particularly is biases and it particularly is "so-talked approximately as" theory of top and incorrect and what's suitable in society. men go through too, and are abuse basically as much as females persons. to declare the choice is a human injustice. additionally: no rely if the vagina gets moist or the penis turns into erect as a actual reaction to stimulation, the factor is it particularly is undesirable and is being compelled upon a guy or woman and thanks to this it particularly is talked approximately as rape, regardless.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Abuse is a two way street. No gender is blameless and no gender is entirely to blame. In fact, many studies show it is almost 50/50.

A recent Harvard study suggests that 70 percent of domestic violence is committed by women against men:

http://newscastmedia.com/domestic-violence.htm

• Sigil
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Society, the media and feminism are telling us that it ok for women to assault men.

The mens equality movement will sort it all out in the coming decade or so.

As you can see from the stereotypical feminist response from on of the feminist trolls, its the fault of men when they are assaulted.

There is another one posting as a male that's regurgitating debunked patriarchal theory dogma.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Actually one man I know took a woman to court for throwing something at him. She got a suspended sentance.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Men think they can save women. It could be that some of the men think it is their duty to keep trying.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The double whammy of anti-male laws. It's embarrassing to admit that your wife is abusing you and VAWA basically keeps you from defending yourself.

• 1 decade ago

Because, according to the Patriarchal views that are so embedded in our society, men should be the powerful, dominant ones. So when they are not the dominant ones anymore, they're afraid to admit it because secretly they still believe in Patriarchal views.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.