I downloaded a .scr file. Is it safe?

I recently visited a site that my friend sent me. I thought it was safe but obviously he sent it to me not knowing if it was safe or not. I clicked the link and it opened a download box so I obviously clicked the 'x'. But no, instead it actually downloaded by itself. It happened to be some porn **** picture... show more I recently visited a site that my friend sent me. I thought it was safe but obviously he sent it to me not knowing if it was safe or not. I clicked the link and it opened a download box so I obviously clicked the 'x'. But no, instead it actually downloaded by itself. It happened to be some porn **** picture and the file extension was .scr.

I deleted it instantly after it downloaded and removed it from my computer. I was wondering if it was dangerous or anything? it was 709KB and I didn't open it. I'm not good with computers so I'm not sure.

I was wondering if it was safe or not? I did not open it so I don't know if I got infected just by having it on my desktop. I deleted it from my computer instantly after downloading.