Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Was church man made or God made?

Is "church" and the traditions of it more of a man made thing? Or God told the people to start churches?

Favorite Answer

The church was made by God. Notice I said THE CHURCH. You see there are churches made by men, but there is only ONE church made by God. The church made by God is the church that was established by Jesus Christ. Jesus promised that he would build his church and the gates of hell would not prevail against it Matthew 16:18.

Jesus also is the head of the church- Ephesians 5:23-25. This gives the analogy of the husband being the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church and gave himself for it.

It also shows that he is the head of the church in Colossians 1:18.

You see the difference between God's church and manmade churches is that God's church is described in the Bible. Manmade churches are based off of human creeds and not according to the Bible or God's Word. In other words, manmade churches have names that are not found in scripture, but come from men (ex. Methodist, Presbyterians, Catholics, Baptist, Jehovahs Witnesses). Not only that, but their worship and teaching is not based on scripture either. So to answer your question, there is only one church that God built and there are many manmade churches. The difference is that God's church is established by Jesus Christ according to scripture.

• Todd A

Both church and gods are man made.

Jesus said in Matthew 16:18....And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

So churches are from Jesus.

the church does practices out of the bible, a man made metaphorical, misinterpreted book about how to live life properly. church is man made, but a place of worship of 'god' and misinterpretation.

• ?

Church is manmade, God never told anyone to create churches, at least that is what I believe, I could be wrong, but I highly doubt it.

Both churches and all gods are man made...

Source(s): IMHO
  • Karl

Church is man made. God wants us to be his children, a child is a relationship, not a religion. I know I have a relationship with my parents, not a religion. This is why we say we have a relaitonship, God is now our Father in heaven and we his children. No religion, a relationship (Father, and child).

bless you.

Churches are creations of man. God asks us to have faith and care for one another.