How long does it take to beat Red Dead Redemption?

I am a huge fan of the Grand Theft Auto series. Red Dead Redemption is made by the same developers.........but i was just wondering if it would take as long as the Grand theft auto games......the typical 40ish hours........or is it shorter?

Favorite Answer

I'm playing it for the 2nd time and have already reached Mexico in probably half the time I did it the first go around because I know what I'm doing and I know what's what but the reality is the side missions provide you with XP and skill boost that ultimately allow you to play better, stronger, faster so you may as well do all the optional quests too.

It's a meaty game with a cool set of FREE co-op mission.

Good Luck

It all depends on whether you rush the story or take your time. Probably around 30 hours if you rush through it, but it can go over 100 if you do all the side missions/challenges. Besides, you can keep playing after you beat it.

my total play times over 70 hours its hard to stay on the story since you live in the world and the online is like a whole different epic game itself dont worry you can play it for months if you enjoy it and it lasts probably over a year till your be sick of it i think a review site said the straight playthrough time is 30 hours excluding side missions