Pit Bull haters Unite (and please answer my question)?

I am going to try to NOT slant this question but I am an advocate for Pit Bulls so that might be challenging. In the Dog Section I see two groups of people. One group thinks that all Pit Bulls are horrible awful dogs and the other group that says it's about the breeding, the ownership and the individual... show more I am going to try to NOT slant this question but I am an advocate for Pit Bulls so that might be challenging.

In the Dog Section I see two groups of people. One group thinks that all Pit Bulls are horrible awful dogs and the other group that says it's about the breeding, the ownership and the individual dog.

Over the last week or so I have been FLOODED with new information about media bias, information about how inaccurate statistics are, and information pertaining to accuracy identifying breeds compared to DNA analysis. With all this new and very enlightening information I was very tempted to share this information with a person in my life. This person has known my dog (an Amstaff) since he was a puppy. He behaves VERY well around her, hasn't ever done anything bad to anyone, attained his STAR and CGC from the AKC at the minimum ages and is overall just a very nice, very friendly dog. But in spite of that she doesn't like him because he is a "Pit Bull" and remains biased against him after two years.

My question for you: Is there any amount of information, any number of references (personal or professional), breed ambassadors or personal experiences that will overcome the animosity toward this particular breed? The media has done a lot to portray Pit Bulls as indiscriminate and will-full killers owned by drug dealers and thugs, which is quite the opposite of their history pre-1980's. Is there anything that would be enough to change that image? Why or why not? What would it take?

I am asking for opinions, I will not be giving TD. Please be courteous - just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make them wrong. I will be choosing best answer based on the most thoughtful well phrased answer, not based on who agrees with me.