promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What Do You Think Is Better F-35 jsf Or F-22 Raptor?

What Do You Think Is Better F-35 jsf Or F-22 Raptor As A Pilot I Want To Know What You Think

Update:

P.S. im asking this because they are both made by lockheed martin and they are both very superior aircraft the U.S. has in service nt because they serve the same purpose (because they kind of dont)as a pilot I want to know what you think

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The F-35. It's more versatile and can be used by all branches of the armed forces to replace their current complement of jets. The F-22 is primarily a point defense interceptor with very limited ground capabilities. I really don't know why they spent money to develop both. The superhornet is still superior to any fighters operated by non-NATO countries and that isn't likely to change in the near future. And no F-35 is operationally VTOL. The F-35B can take off vertically with no payload and minimal fuel. Operationally they are listed as STOL.

Mark, not quite. It's like asking what's better, a swiss army knife or a cleaver. Both can cut, the swiss army knife can do other things as well. It can't cut as well as the cleaver, but do you really need it to? There are no applications for the F-22 that the F-35 or the superhornet can't fulfill.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 10 years ago

The F-22 Raptor

• udit
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

no one is attentive to if the F-35 can truly do air try against or how stealthy it is. precise now the F-35 pilots are going up interior the air and touchdown. The F-22 is plenty farther alongside. The F-22 has extra sensors and manuverability than the F-35. working example there are IR sensors around the F-22 so the pilot can see an enemy plane "in the process the floor" or in different previous blind spots. It additionally has missles that could take out an plane it is off to the area or perhaps in the back of the F-22. i do no longer understand if the F-35 could have that means. The F-22 is likewise stated to have the means to deliver out EMPs to destroy electronics, yet i do no longer understand if it is actual. If the two plane are in basic terms as stealthy, the two plane could ought to get so close that they loose their stealth. jointly as the F-35 pilot might ought to get the F-22 in front of his plane, the F-22 in basic terms has to get the F-35 in selection

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

apples to oranges.

VincentL forgets that VTOL is but ONE version of three within JSF project.

F35 definitely beats raptor in terms of price, and mission flexibility.

really, to dive into Vietnam era, it is like comparing Delta Dagger to Skyhawk.

different mission, different requirements.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

f-22 raptor, i don't see the f-35 vertical landing is useful unless its on a carrier

• 10 years ago

f22 it is bigger and has 2 engines that mean lots of thrust but the f35 is cheaper

the f22 is kind of over kill right now since it can whoop the f15 and thats the one of the best fighters that we have ever had

• Mark F
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Neither. They are very different tools used for very different jobs. This is like asking which is better, a hammer or a screwdriver.

• Zander
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

Tornado ADV.

• Fox
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

And these aircraft are equal how?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.