Mary

Opinion Poll: How long should you wait to start dating again after the death of a spouse?

Though I'd like to choke him at times, my husband is alive and well. This is a friend's situation.

• Dizz
    Favorite Answer

Honest ?

OK ..

If the relationship was tender & loving I couldnt see the reason NOT to date whenever you felt the want .

See , Its WHAT other people say is right or wrong .

You have to do whats right for YOU .

The spouse you had lost , i am sure would want YOU happy .

However that may be .

D :)

That depends on the person! Each person is different I do not think a person should start dating a week later or a month later but that is me! I would wonder what is up if you know what I mean but some times after six months or so a person without any small children may be feeling very lonely. I think 6 months to a year is good. If a person is ready if not then it is up to them I do not know how long I would want to wait I am in no hurry to find out either

• dorner

nicely it relies upon on multiple stuff, a number of those are: a million- Do you like the guy that asked you out? 2- How old are your babies? 3- How intimate became the date asked? 4- How do you sense approximately going out? the 1st one is important considering while you're making plans to basically pass out for the sake of going available is not any undertaking, yet once you like the guy, then the different factors could be revised. your babies age. Are they sufficiently old to comprehend you going out, or sufficiently small they gained't observe? the place are you stepping into this date? that's the third element. Going out to lunch is diverse than going out for beverages at night. the consequence easily gadgets in the direction of diverse circumstances. finally, yet not final in magnitude is how do you sense approximately going out and how do you sense going out on a date. answer those questions and you gets to a form of your very own. we can't inform you no count if it quite is nice or incorrect, basically provide you our point of view so which you additionally could make a form.

• Jesere

It depends upon if and when you feel ready,

My High School sweetheart and I just reconnected after 35 years,

he was widowed in November 2009, In June he was ready to date again but not really interested in anyone where he lived, however, we found each other through

Classmates are hooked up on line because we have a history it is easier for us to start where we left off

• mannon

I don't know from personal experience, but it seems a year at least is considered by the 'experts' to be needed to get over the initial shock and grief. From what I've seen in my friends and family that seems to hold true.

It might not be fair to the other person to take up with someone else in the meantime, you might be hooking up for the wrong reasons.

It would be different for every situation. I say now, I would never remarry. My Hubby is very good and kind to me and I to him. But one never really knows what plans God may have for you, and you may feel the longing for closeness again. I would think 6 mo. to a year would be a respectable time. It's really up to you. I would think long & hard & consider all the pros & cons. Better to be Happy and single then married and miserable. Good luck to anyone considering another commitment.

Source(s): Jill
  • I personally don't think I would want to start dating again.But I think whoever is in that situation should wait at least a year or two.Because if they didn't wait they wouldn't have the time to mourn properly so the relationship would be unhealthy.

4 years

Each person is different, not sure I would date again if something happened to Sawman

Source(s): Married 22 years
  • I'm not an expert but i would say about a year or 2.