Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 10 years ago

Why do you trust Partnership for a drug free America when they lie to you right in your face!?

"PDFA was the subject of criticism when it was revealed by Cynthia Cotts of the Village Voice that their federal tax returns showed that they had received several million dollars worth of funding from major pharmaceutical, tobacco and alcohol corporations including American Brands (Jim Beam whiskey), Philip Morris (Marlboro and Virginia Slims cigarettes, Miller beer), Anheuser Busch (Budweiser, Michelob, Busch beer), R.J. Reynolds (Camel, Salem, Winston cigarettes), as well as pharmaceutical firms Bristol Meyers-Squibb, Merck & Company and Procter & Gamble. From 1997 it has discontinued any direct fiscal association with tobacco and alcohol suppliers, although it still receives donations from pharmaceutical companies"

4 Answers

Relevance
  • meep
    Lv 5
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

America's Founding Fathers smoked marijuana, tobacco fields helped build the country, and who would ever want prohibition from alcohol (again)? I can't trust liars... When you say drug free, however, I don't think that any country should support harder drugs like cocaine, ecstasy, heroin, meth, etc...

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

The true answer to this question is that big alcohol and tobacco were once funders of Partnership for a drug free America up until 1997(over 5 million dollars) After a investigative journalist from the village voice outed them they discontinued their ties. I believe they are still funded by pharmaceutical companies though.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

What do they do? Other than cost millions of tax payer dollars and put on a commercial one week a year and a pamphlet once a decade?

What do they DO? Nothing - ANOTHER way to waste our money.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Yo! I don't know what crack people are putting in their pipes, but I never trusted PDFA.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.