Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsVolleyball · 1 decade ago

Do you think I will make J.V?

Okay so i'm going to be a freshman and usually freshman make C team, but the coach coached me in middle school and I was the captain of the A team in middle school and I was always the best on the team.

But now i'm going into high school and i've been doing the optional summer practices and camps and when they split us into courts, i'm usually with the J.V group.

And I do pretty well on that court and i'm better than some of the sophmores on the team but I feel that because i'm a freshman I might not make it. But the coach loves me and treats me like one of her prize possesions. I'm also one of the 2 liberos on the WHOLE team (seniors,juniors,sophmores, and freshman) and they need 1 libero for each team so that also gives me more hope.

And the coach loved me before I could hit and set (When i was a only a really good server and digger) but now I can hit very well and set very well and I can also jump serve which most of the sophmores can't do.

And for this VERY expensive and important camp which we each paid $300 for to bring college california players up to coach us I was put in the J.V court for the whole camp. And the coach said that these weren't what the teams were set to be but close to what they will look like.

I dont want to get my hopes up, but i feel like I might make J.V.

Can I get tips for tryouts?(:

Thank you soo much

Favorite Answer

Honestly, you will most likely make the team. You've been practicing this whole summer, right? if yes, then you will obviously get in to the team.

It looks pretty expensive, but it's probably worth it for a girl like you.

When you try out, just remember what you've learned and not to stress out or get frustrated on the court. just keep going until you can't do no more. okay?

Just do all that you did on your middle school team. If you became close to your middle school coach ask her (in person/ be email) is she can give you some tips and help you out a lot. Hope that helps you!!!

A jump-serving libero? Of course you're making JV.