? asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 10 years ago

Is it okay to wear a white and black dress to a wedding?

I have a wedding to go to next weekend, I've never been to an American wedding, my boyfriend is in the bridal party. I do not have much money and i borrowed a bunch of dresses from my sister. I am 5'2 and a little chubby, but my chest is very big and do not want to wear something very revealing. The dress that looked good is a white, a little above the knee dress, and it looks like it has a black little undershirt underneath it. I was planning on belting it with a bright blue belt around the waist and also wear a black cardigan and black flats. I'm not quite sure what the everyone else will be wearing but we live in the northwest where people are pretty casual. please help!

If your the one getting married then no it shouldn't. The dress shouldn't have SO much black in it though, if it does then it's a no. Do not wear the belt, it will totally clash with this outfit hon. The cardigan and flats are fine.

The only thing is to not wear the belt, it will clash since it's a bright pop out color and the dress is black and white, plain non poppy colors. If you wear like maybe a white or black sparkly belt, not like a leather one you would wear on the belt loops of your jeans for the office, but a cute belt and maybe even a clutch. Even if you dress casual honey it does not mean you can't look pretty, you can do casual and look beautiful and the dress sounds pretty. (:

Yeah of course white and black are the colors that most people wear while going to a wedding. And flats are pretty good too, way better than wearing converse!

• (:

U never ever wear white to a wedding for it takes away attention from the bride.

• prosey

in America it is considered to be in bad taste to wear white to a wedding -- unless you are the bride. Instead, try for a light color.

all my best.

Lol yu sound like me 5'2 kinda thick nd big **** lol but yeah yu can wear any color you want unless they have a dress code other thn tht yeah wear whtever color yu want !

Yes, amazing! I suggest you can see 4bag4.com , summer/autumn promotion, save up to 80%, free shipping, you will find lots of stuff you love, have a try, good day!

That sounds fine, you can wear what ever you want.

yea sure i mean why not as long as your not the bride then i suppose it will be fine....