Push Button Switch (Change States) Circuit Diagram Help?

Okay, I am thinking of a TV remote. You press the power switch once and the TV turns on, but the next time you push it turns off. I have been trying to figure out how to make this, but I can't! Another way to think of it is like a Push Button Light Switch. You close and open (or push and release) the button... show more Okay, I am thinking of a TV remote. You press the power switch once and the TV turns on, but the next time you push it turns off. I have been trying to figure out how to make this, but I can't!

Another way to think of it is like a Push Button Light Switch. You close and open (or push and release) the button once, and the light turns on. You close and open (or push and release) the switch the second time, and the light turns off. How does this happen?

If you know what I am talking about please give me a link to a circuit diagram. I am fairly sure this is accomplished with logic gates, I do have a small amount of experience with electronics. Thanks!