Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Luis L asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

please help me find this movie ?

ok so all i rember about it is that theres this litle girl whose very close to her father but because he has to go to war she gets sent to a school/orphanage and theyr very strict and dull and while shes there her dad gets amnesia and cant remember her so at the end her dad is at the building across the street and she has to get her dad to remember her and because it ends happy he does and yeah if any of that sounds familiar or if you know excatly what im talking about please tell me which movie it is

sorry if i just wasted a minute of your life if you have no idea what im talking about

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

A Little Princess (1995)

starring Liesel Matthews, Eleanor Bron, Liam Cunningham, Rusty Schwimmer, Arthur Malet, Vanessa Lee Chester

IMDb synopsis:

When her father enlists to fight for the British in World War I, young Sara Crewe goes to New York to attend the same boarding school her late mother attended. She soon clashes with the severe headmistress, Miss Minchin, who attempts to stifle Sara's creativity and sense of self- worth. Sara's belief that "every girl's a princess" is tested to the limit when word comes that her father was killed in action and his estate has been seized by the British government.

Here's Part 1 on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Saq98iyxUa0

It's a remake of:

The Little Princess (1939)

starring Shirley Temple, Richard Greene, Anita Louise, Ian Hunter, Cesar Romero, Arthur Treacher, Sybil Jason, Marcia Mae Jones

IMDb synopsis:

In Victorian England, Sara Crewe's widowed father is sent to the Boer War. When he is reported killed, the headmistress at her boarding school turns Sara into a servant.

NOTE: You can watch this version on the IMDb page; just click on "Watch It" in the left-hand column.

Actually, there are numerous movie versions, but these two are the best-known.

• 1 decade ago

The Little Princess, with Shirley Temple

• Jess
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

a little princess

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.