What does all this mean about people who fly the Confederate Flag?

The original question: "Being a decendent [sic] of Robert E Lee, I use the flag as an avatar, why then?

do so many morons on this place feel they need to mention that the South lost the Civil War. I know they did you idiots. Maybe if you had pride in your heritage, as lowly as it must be, you'd use your brain, if you have one and just answer my Fing [sic] questions."

My answer: I just find the Confederate Flag to demonstrate someone who is either openly racist, or covertly racist and tries to justify flying that flag under the excuse of heritage . . . do you see any Germans flying a swastika and saying, "It just represents my heritage." The Confederate Flag doesn't represent heritage, unless you want to admit it is the heritage that wanted Blacks to remain as slaves in this country.

And a personal message by the asker sent to me: From: Robert E Lee

Subject: heritage that wanted Blacks to remain as slaves in this country

Message: you are really to [sic] ignorant to post, please go away and never post again.

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

I think it looks great. If the South had won we might not be in the mess we are in now.

8 hours ago

1 Rating: Good Answer 1 Rating: Bad Answer Report Abuse

Asker's Rating: Asker's Comment: exactly

Favorite Answer

Sounds like you told him the truth he didn't want to hear. I understand the historical significance of the rebel flag, but it's not really something that anyone should display with any sense of personal pride because, all things considered, it IS a symbol of slavery and it WAS carried into battle against the United States of America.

@no quater: a simple review of party platforms will show that the Democratic Party of the 1800s was not on the left of the political spectrum, but rather on the right. The Republican Party of that time was much more progressive.

• Rodney5 years agoReport

My wife and I have a black female as a maid. She earns wages!

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

do so many morons on this place feel they need to mention that the South lost the Civil War. I know they did you idiots. Maybe if you had pride in your heritage, as lowly as it must be,...

Source(s): people fly confederate flag: https://shortly.im/bZjTJ

Y'all are so uneducated! Most southerners at the time were not fighting for slavery however they were in fact fighting for their own rights and the only way of life they had ever known! The exact numbers are unknown but it's estimate that less than 25 percent of white southerners ever owned salves! They were mostly poor farmers fighting for the land they called home! Do you really think white rich plantation owners were fighting in the war of northern aggression? I don't think so! I personally believe it's fine to fly that flag not in any way to often anyone but rather to remember to be brave, stand up for what you believe in and to help remember the past so that we don't soon repeat it! Also point of clarification the flag y'all are most likely referring to is the Naval Jack not the confederate flag flown during the civil war in fact it was only used by the navy and wasn't even adopted until 1863... Get your facts straight America, pick up a book! Lastly everybody love everybody!

I used to think the way some of these idiots do, I was always spoon-fed that the civil war was about slavery and nothing else, I also though that Robert E Lee was a terrible person, HOWEVER I started reading about it about a year ago and I learned the TRUTH about the whole thing, now that I know the truth I actually like the flag and I think it represents the southern heritage I am so proud of as well as what could have and what probably should have been, and now Robert E Lee is my favorite general in american history and he is probably the most beloved general in American history, I have a picture of him as my iPod touch back ground and i also have a picture of him on my door lol

I object to the flag on the grounds that it is the sybolism of traitors, flown by a people who tore this country apart and enlisted our former oppressors(the britsh) in a futile attempt to maintain a way of life that was financially infeasible ansd morally repugnant. The original americans live on reservations, the rest fly Old Glory.

• I'll defer to Jon Stewart:

"It would be hypocritical of me to complain about Virginia’s Confederate holiday, when our part of the country, the North, is announcing ‘Union victory’–or United States Victory Appreciation Month–celebrating our rich heritage of kicking the Confederacy’s ***.”

I find it interesting that most people on the left say that they are against the stars and bars. This flag was designed, hoisted and fought for by democrats. The very same people that wanted to keep the institution of slavery and the very ones that formed the KKK.

• I got news for you, the Civil War had less to do with slavery than it did with States Rights. Pick up a book, and not the one your indoctrinating history teacher gives you.

It means that whomever is using it sees a different representation than you. How tolerant of you to push your beliefs onto someone else.

Your answer was spot on.